• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King - Young is one smart guy

NAS

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I swear Caleb looks like a Mahomes clone. Not sure if he will be as great as Mahomes but he definitely looks like a college version of him.

He absolutely is the #1 pick if he was in this year's draft class.

As long as he puts in the time like Mahomes he should be great. I know Young will put in the time. You are right though he would get drafted over Young due to size and arm strength.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

As long as he puts in the time like Mahomes he should be great. I know Young will put in the time. You are right though he would get drafted over Young due to size and arm strength.

Man, if Bryce struggles, you know we are going to get those "We shoulda waited a year to grab out QB" threads. lol

32 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

There are plenty of ways to try to reach your potential as a QB. I'll take the QB that lives in the film room every time.

I’ll agree with that. However, I don’t think Caleb Williams performs at the level he does without being a killer in the film room, too. If he’s dominated this much, and played at such an elite level without a film centric work ethic the NFL team that gets him is going to unlock something absolutely monstrous. He’s got better completion percent, better air yards per throw, a better TD to INT ratio, better rating than Bryce and then when you factor in what he does with his legs… if he doesn’t fall off this year the hype for him next year is likely going to eclipse the Lawrence hype and Burrow hype for top pick. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’ll agree with that. However, I don’t think Caleb Williams performs at the level he does without being a killer in the film room, too. If he’s dominated this much, and played at such an elite level without a film centric work ethic the NFL team that gets him is going to unlock something absolutely monstrous. He’s got better completion percent, better air yards per throw, a better TD to INT ratio, better rating than Bryce and then when you factor in what he does with his legs… if he doesn’t fall off this year the hype for him next year is likely going to eclipse the Lawrence hype and Burrow hype for top pick. 

Hey, you don't have to sell me. I'm a huge Caleb fan. I'm just saying, as much as I believe in Bryce, if he does struggle? It could get very interesting up in here. 

Edit to add; I have no fear that this staff will get the best out of Bryce. I truly believe we have our guy. 

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Hey, you don't have to sell me. I'm a huge Caleb fan. I'm just saying, as much as I believe in Bryce, if he does struggle? It could get very interesting up in here. 

Edit to add; I have no fear that this staff will get the best out of Bryce. I truly believe we have our guy. 

I think we have our guy as well. I always felt whoever was lucky enough to get drafted by us was going to succeed with this coaching staff. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I think we have our guy as well. I always felt whoever was lucky enough to get drafted by us was going to succeed with this coaching staff. 

Yeah, this franchise, for maybe the first time ever, is set up like a successful franchise should be. A mix of youth with some elder statesmen thrown in. Lots of experience. The window is defiantly wide azz open right now.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Man, if Bryce struggles, you know we are going to get those "We shoulda waited a year to grab out QB" threads. lol

If he struggled and any of the other rookies look good this place will be a mad house. The thing is, most rookies struggle…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2