• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

43%

Harbingers

I wouldn’t say get rid of the cap. Just make the owners eat the Covid seasons instead of the players. Like god damn. Keeping the cap artificially low only benefits the owners and only benefits them for in the moment not long term.

Also 43%… what a shitshow. A small market team who also had an area team in the NBA finals. Which were happening at the same time. No network slot. Horrible announcers, only on TNT(I think, I didn’t watch), Vegas who are are pretty much universally hated and a significant mismatch. 

I guarantee the Canes would have kept those ratings rock solid.

• Pie 1

TNT, TBS, Tru TV. But it was a single broadcast team simulcast and they were fugging horrible each and every game. It was a broadcasting sh!tshow from top to bottom. Gretzky is the GOAT, but he is fugging terrible at the intermission desk.

Who wants to hear the announcers telling us the betting lines at the beginning of each period? Who wants to hear Keith Jones slobbering over the Panthers, cameras missing plays, replays few and far between, missed calls, terrible officiating, etc.

1. Cap needs to remain as is, but does need to be increased to about $90M.

2. Overtime hockey rules need to be consistent from the regular season thru the playoffs.

3. Network TV deal for the finals (at least).

4. Listen to RBA's recommendations for officiating. It's horrible and needs a complete overhaul.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

TNT, TBS, Tru TV. But it was a single broadcast team simulcast and they were fugging horrible each and every game. It was a broadcasting sh!tshow from top to bottom. Gretzky is the GOAT, but he is fugging terrible at the intermission desk.

Who wants to hear the announcers telling us the betting lines at the beginning of each period? Who wants to hear Keith Jones slobbering over the Panthers, cameras missing plays, replays few and far between, missed calls, terrible officiating, etc.

2. Overtime hockey rules need to be consistent from the regular season thru the playoffs.

4. Listen to RBA's recommendations for officiating. It's horrible and needs a complete overhaul.

I agree on everything but cap(and maybe OT), the cap is artificially low while profits are blowing the roof off of expectations. I don’t know exact what the math is, I’d have to go watch a THG’s video, but I think the league will be in this cap conundrum for at least 2 more off seasons. It could be seasons.

For shitty teams in rebuild I get it because it levels the playing field for them somewhat but for anyone at the cap limit it sucks, and will push big market teams(Pitts, DC, bruins, etc) into complete rebuild. Which ya isn’t bad for us… but we are one season away from going one direction or the other. 

Also correct me if I’m wrong but I read somewhere vegas(I think) did the exact same playoff cap poo as TB did during their runs. Dunno how to fix that but we gotta play the game next year if that’s how it’s going to be played.    

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

OT playoff hockey must change. It’s needs to be just like regular season.  3 vs 3. Maybe a full 20 period of 3 Vs 3 

• Pie 1