• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

matt moore sucks

Fiz

He was terribly inaccurate on a lot of throws today, but his perceived shittyness was amplified by a terrible day of playcalling on Davidson's part.

10 points, and we forced 3 turnovers? Quite possibly the most worthless performance that this offense had had in some time.

wow lot of Moore jock sniffers out here today....those throws he made so many were so close to being intercepted and stupid you would rail on Jake for but you say it's ok for Moore. Guy completed 50% of his passes and with Vick you guys raked him over the coals for that percentage....but he would rush 80 yards to make up for it.....

Just admit....Moore is not the answer.

wow lot of Moore jock sniffers out here today....those throws he made so many were so close to being intercepted and stupid you would rail on Jake for but you say it's ok for Moore. Guy completed 50% of his passes and with Vick you guys raked him over the coals for that percentage....but he would rush 80 yards to make up for it.....

Just admit....Moore is not the answer.

I'm not looking at him as one. My only concern is whether he's good enough to serve as a stopgap while we groom a rookie (the route I hope we go).

Verdict isn't in for me yet.

I'm not looking at him as one. My only concern is whether he's good enough to serve as a stopgap while we groom a rookie (the route I hope we go).

Verdict isn't in for me yet.

Scott, you speak for the majority of us as well but if people wanna make assumptions and pick one post to describe the whole board as "sniffers"; just leave'em in the dark. Some people just don't deserve an explanation. It's quite obvious we were all analyzing him instead of worshiping him.

To the rest of you. We should hate on Matt Moore just because he isn't the future? No. That's the mentality of a spoiled child. MOST of us are above that.

:cheers2:

Scott, you speak for the majority of us as well but if people wanna make assumptions and pick one post to describe the whole board as "sniffers"; just leave'em in the dark. Some people just don't deserve an explanation. It's quite obvious we were all analyzing him instead of worshiping him.

To me he looked pretty much like Delhomme in his first start in 2003 (week 2 vs the Bucs).

Next year's free agent QB prospects are pretty underwhelming. The best hope is for a decent stopgap and a drafted rookie who can be eased in.

Moore might be that stopgap. I'm still undecided.

Connor is terrible in pass coverage. The thing about our zone defense is that all our LBs need to be great in pass coverage. Otherwise the opposing offense will exploit the LB(s) who can't cover recievers. It's actually pretty simple, just send a reciever into the slow LBs area of the zone, and make sure the QB knows there is a mismatch. Bingo. Roasted panther.

Connor is terrible in pass coverage. The thing about our zone defense is that all our LBs need to be great in pass coverage. Otherwise the opposing offense will exploit the LB(s) who can't cover recievers. It's actually pretty simple, just send a reciever into the slow LBs area of the zone, and make sure the QB knows there is a mismatch. Bingo. Roasted panther.

Not entirely sure that is on topic...

Moore was not terrible, see Delhomme earlier this season for that definition, but he was not good either. Definitely flustered and lacking confidence, he had a ton of pressure in his face, got hit late a couple of times. The Pats knew this and tried to keep him under pressure as much as they could.

TD pass was the only impressive pass on the day, he had a lot more bad passes than standard passes. Yet, he did not turn over the ball. Admitedly the Pats had the opportunities, but they did not bring them in.

I just feel the coaches need to take the pressure off him by getting DWill involved in the pasing game more frequently. Our problem is that we rely on DWill or Smith breaking a tackle to pick up yardage, we never have a consistent 4-5 yard pick up on the ground and our passing game is designed to not be consistent, but go for big gains.

We need to just introduce a few quick passing patterns, as our OLine is struggling at the moment. Just do everything you can to take pressure off of him and prevent the opposition from effecting his mind. Otherwise he will turn out like Carr.

I was not able to see the game, but I have thought that he showed promise in the past.

Do you guys basically think he's just a band-aid for right now, and has no chance at being the future of our organization?

It's fine if that's the case, I'm just wondering what you guys think about that.

I'll be able to make it to Charlotte for the N.O. game, so I'm excited to see what he can do against that secondary.

I was not able to see the game, but I have thought that he showed promise in the past.

Do you guys basically think he's just a band-aid for right now, and has no chance at being the future of our organization?

It's fine if that's the case, I'm just wondering what you guys think about that.

I'll be able to make it to Charlotte for the N.O. game, so I'm excited to see what he can do against that secondary.

He has moments when he looks good and moments when he looks unfit for the NFL.

An FO that believed in him could probably get by with him as a starter right now. They would need to give him help, but he just needs a little more time as the definitive starter to help him settle down.

An FO that needs to win now, or is not prepared to have a rocky year or so will cast him out quickly.

He 'could' become a decent starter, not a world beater, but he 'could' be more than just a band aid. All depends on how much someone believe in him and how much time and coaching they are prepared to give him.

Archived