• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft day 2010

Swarly

Let's say that there isn't a legitimate QB to choose from when our pick roles around in round 2.. would you guys be opposed to maybe trading it for a 2011 1st rounder like 49ers did to us(and seahawks did to denver)? Chances are we'll be pretty high in round 2, so there will still be valuable players available to choose from.

Facing facts, there is very little if any chance of getting high enough in round 1 for one of the star QB's, and I am completely against trading Stewart or whoever else people are throwing around these days to get into round 1(like it's possible, RB's are a dime a dozen).

We won't be able to get a QB ready to start in round 2, and with Jake Locker entering in 2011, we'd have a legitimate chance of trading up to him with 2 first rounders. We could try to fill our needs through free agency by picking up Campbell(who is better than some of the later QB's that will be available in draft.) Worst comes to worst, we have 2 first rounders in 2011, and a chance to pick a real franchise QB for the future.

Just a little idea. I'm bored as poo lately with the semester ending, and nothing to do, so take it with a grain of salt =P

Would not be opposed to it.

If we could somehow pick up an additional second rounder (vet clearout if a new FO comes in) I would be all for it. The more early firsts we can get hold of, the better chance we have of getting a genuine QB.

I still feel we need to draft someone in the second round though, otherwise we will be in trouble next season as well for sure.

Would not be opposed to it.

If we could somehow pick up an additional second rounder (vet clearout if a new FO comes in) I would be all for it. The more early firsts we can get hold of, the better chance we have of getting a genuine QB.

I still feel we need to draft someone in the second round though, otherwise we will be in trouble next season as well for sure.

Yeah, I'd hate to give up a 2nd round pick, but QB is the biggest need. If Golden Tate is available, I would LOVE to pick him, but he will probably go in round 1 :\

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Let's say that there isn't a legitimate QB to choose from when our pick roles around in round 2.. would you guys be opposed to maybe trading it for a 2011 1st rounder like 49ers did to us(and seahawks did to denver)? Chances are we'll be pretty high in round 2, so there will still be valuable players available to choose from.

Facing facts, there is very little if any chance of getting high enough in round 1 for one of the star QB's, and I am completely against trading Stewart or whoever else people are throwing around these days to get into round 1(like it's possible, RB's are a dime a dozen).

We won't be able to get a QB ready to start in round 2, and with Jake Locker entering in 2011, we'd have a legitimate chance of trading up to him with 2 first rounders. We could try to fill our needs through free agency by picking up Campbell(who is better than some of the later QB's that will be available in draft.) Worst comes to worst, we have 2 first rounders in 2011, and a chance to pick a real franchise QB for the future.

Just a little idea. I'm bored as poo lately with the semester ending, and nothing to do, so take it with a grain of salt =P

all I have to say to you is "I got my f ucking pitch back!"

only way that this happens is if hurney and fox aren't here. you don't pull stunts like that if your butt is on the hot seat.

i still don't like that idea because that means we don't have a pick until round 3 and there are still quite a few needs that must be met. it isn't just QB. we could be getting a DT/NT or WR....FS...SLB....no way to we pass up on opportunities to help out there.

only way that this happens is if hurney and fox aren't here. you don't pull stunts like that if your butt is on the hot seat.

i still don't like that idea because that means we don't have a pick until round 3 and there are still quite a few needs that must be met. it isn't just QB. we could be getting a DT/NT or WR....FS...SLB....no way to we pass up on opportunities to help out there.

Yeah, I can see your point, but will we be able to get a DT/NT that will be as start-ready as Kemo/Tank Tyler? and Sherod Martin proved he can be a legit back up(maybe even starter) to Godfrey. WR/LB I DEFINITELY agree, we need to address that issue. Just throwing ideas out there.

best show in TV hands down...I'm Kenny f'ing Powers! The golden arm, Dr. Cock N' Balls....

definitely, can't freakin wait until the new season starts!

Draft Golden Tate with the 2nd and let Moore have one year behind center before we draft a QB in 2011, unless Moore have really impressed

Golden Tate will not make it past 1st round, as much as I'd like to think otherwise, he just won't :[

Archived