• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign VICK this Offseason!

dmo4455

ya tht could be it. or maybe.....just maybe....Defensive end and secondary were a little or of a concern going into draft day then a QB they just gave a $25 million raise to. Please give me a list of all the black quarterbacks still available in the 3rd round last year.

Edit: Not named Nate Davis. He's a slightly more athletic The Golden Calf of Bristol. Both suck

Why just last year? You said yourself we extended Delhomme before the draft. Every analyst in America said the Panthers need to be thinking QB, but our arrogant front office thumbed their noses and re-signed Jake to hush such talk at the draft. I wanted us to go after Pat White who was drafted in the 2nd round, 1 spot behind "situational pass rusher" Everette Brown. Going beyond last year, here are some names that often come up on this board that we passed on, and the players we took directly ahead of them instead.

2002 draft

David Garrard, QB, JAX, (4th round)

we took...Dante Wesley, CB/special teamer, still with the team

David Garrard > Dante Wesley

2006 draft

Tarvaris Jackson, QB, MINN (2nd round)

we took...Richard Marshall, CB, still with the team but has been dissapointing

Tarvaris Jackson > Richard Marshall

2007 draft

Troy Smith, QB, BAL, (5th round)

we took...Tim Shaw, LB, no longer with the team

Troy Smith > Tim Shaw

2008 draft

Dennis Dixon, QB, PITT (5th round)

we took...Gary Barnidge, TE/special teamer, 3rd stringer who's primarily a blocker

Dennis Dixon IMO is the better pick but too early to tell.

Theres a few names that you see pop up around here. We had our chances to get them and PASSED.

Why just last year? You said yourself we extended Delhomme before the draft. Every analyst in America said the Panthers need to be thinking QB, but our arrogant front office thumbed their noses and re-signed Jake to hush such talk at the draft. I wanted us to go after Pat White who was drafted in the 2nd round, 1 spot behind "situational pass rusher" Everette Brown. Going beyond last year, here are some names that often come up on this board that we passed on, and the players we took directly ahead of them instead.

2002 draft

David Garrard, QB, JAX, (4th round)

we took...Dante Wesley, CB/special teamer, still with the team

David Garrard > Dante Wesley

2006 draft

Tarvaris Jackson, QB, MINN (2nd round)

we took...Richard Marshall, CB, still with the team but has been dissapointing

Tarvaris Jackson > Richard Marshall

2007 draft

Troy Smith, QB, BAL, (5th round)

we took...Tim Shaw, LB, no longer with the team

Troy Smith > Tim Shaw

2008 draft

Dennis Dixon, QB, PITT (5th round)

we took...Gary Barnidge, TE/special teamer, 3rd stringer who's primarily a blocker

Dennis Dixon IMO is the better pick but too early to tell.

Theres a few names that you see pop up around here. We had our chances to get them and PASSED.

theres over 250 players drafted per year (including the supplemental draft) and you found only 4 in the past 8 years that you would have worked out? Garrard is decent. Nice solid, not great, but good manager type. Other then that there all the same guy. Dixon, Smith, TJacks, are fast QB's that may get there chance somewhere but for now they are garbage. Smith got beat out by a rookie, TJacks cant even defeat Sage Rosenfels for a back up slot, and Dixon has hardly played.

Oh yes and cleary we shoulda went quarterback first in the draft becasue of what all the analysts were saying. I forgot how Tom Jackson and Steve Young know more about our organization then Richardson and Hurney

theres over 250 players drafted per year (including the supplemental draft) and you found only 4 in the past 8 years that you would have worked out? Garrard is decent. Nice solid, not great, but good manager type.

Garrard is better than any QB on our roster right now.

Other then that there all the same guy. Dixon, Smith, TJacks, are fast QB's that may get there chance somewhere but for now they are garbage. Smith got beat out by a rookie, TJacks cant even defeat Sage Rosenfels for a back up slot, and Dixon has hardly played.

Since they're all black they are the same guy? Troy Smith is a prototypical pocket passer, there's nothing fast about him. LOL. Dixon has shown promise in his 1 start, which is the same thing people were saying about Moore 3 weeks ago. Would it have been fair to call him garbage since for 3 years he couldnt beat out David Carr, Josh McCown, and AJ Feeley for a back up slot? By the way T Jax has been the 2nd string QB for Minnesota all season long and was their starter in the playoffs last year. If not for Lord Favre arriving there, he would still be the starter now. Reseach a lil harder next time.

Oh yes and cleary we shoulda went quarterback first in the draft becasue of what all the analysts were saying. I forgot how Tom Jackson and Steve Young know more about our organization then Richardson and Hurney

Richardson & Hurney dont even know how to string together back to back winning seasons. It is now widely accepted the Jake Delhomme deal is 1 of the worst this franchise has ever made and was the worst of the 2009 offseason. It'll take some time before Richardson & Hurney's credibility can recover for this fug up of monstrous proportions. And whatdayaknow? In 2009 after giving 42 mill to Jake Delhomme we're still talking QB! Looks like the analysts knew what they were talking about after all.

Garrard is better than any QB on our roster right now.

Since they're all black they are the same guy? Troy Smith is a prototypical pocket passer, there's nothing fast about him. LOL. Dixon has shown promise in his 1 start, which is the same thing people were saying about Moore 3 weeks ago. Would it have been fair to call him garbage since for 3 years he couldnt beat out David Carr, Josh McCown, and AJ Feeley for a back up slot? By the way T Jax has been the 2nd string QB for Minnesota all season long and was their starter in the playoffs last year. If not for Lord Favre arriving there, he would still be the starter now. Reseach a lil harder next time.

Richardson & Hurney dont even know how to string together back to back winning seasons. It is now widely accepted the Jake Delhomme deal is 1 of the worst this franchise has ever made and was the worst of the 2009 offseason. It'll take some time before Richardson & Hurney's credibility can recover for this f**k up of monstrous proportions. And whatdayaknow? In 2009 after giving 42 mill to Jake Delhomme we're still talking QB! Looks like the analysts knew what they were talking about after all.

hahaaha prototypical pocket passer is anything but Troy Smith. Hes an awful passer and if it wasn't for his legs, wouldnt be on a roster right now. You do realize tht he was taken in the 5th round right? therefore EVERY team passed on him multiple times. Do some research on TJax? only research I need is that after his amazing playoff run last year, the team feels soooo much confidence with him that they go out and sign the back up QB outta Houston. Before Favre, the vikings major acquisition WAS Rose. As of right now: Moore>Dixon. That could change next year or in 5 years, who knows. But as of right now Moore> all those nobodies you listed (except garrard). Sorry bro, if ur only argument is "look, look, look at McNabb....that one guy drafted 10 years ago!! See he can do it" guess u got nothing. Just keep throwing the race card around, doesn't make u sound un-educated or anything.

You should go start a team and only draft black QBs. Give em all a chance and then you can rub it in our face when one of them actually pans out

its ok...anyone that argues king realizes that they never will have a chance to be right. King makes valid points but he will never agree to being wrong...EVER!

now tht i think about it, i coulda seen everything i needed to know just by looking at the tags on this thread. wouldnt even have commented if I had seen them.

Dont quite understand the chopped liver one but I guess I got 30 pages to read thru

hahaaha prototypical pocket passer is anything but Troy Smith. Hes an awful passer and if it wasn't for his legs, wouldnt be on a roster right now.

Troy Smith is not a speed guy at all. You have no idea what you are talking about. Try again. His career passer rating and completion percentage are right up there with Moore's, and he doesnt have a Steve Smith to bail him out while he trys to figure it out.

You do realize tht he was taken in the 5th round right? therefore EVERY team passed on him multiple times. Do some research on TJax? only research I need is that after his amazing playoff run last year, the team feels soooo much confidence with him that they go out and sign the back up QB outta Houston. Before Favre, the vikings major acquisition WAS Rose.

And yet ROSE is 3rd string and upset because the Vikings promised him a chance to start, only to see them bring in Favre directly after them and move him to 3rd on the depth chart. Guess that means they had no confidence in him either. What foolish logic. LMAO.

As of right now: Moore>Dixon. That could change next year or in 5 years, who knows. But as of right now Moore> all those nobodies you listed (except garrard).

Garrard is better, and so is T Jax. Moore has 1 game where Steve Smith bailed him out of several bad throws and now he's better than T Jax? LMAO. How bout Moore take this team to the playoffs or make a pro bowl first before we annoint him better than those 2 guys who have.

Sorry bro, if ur only argument is "look, look, look at McNabb....that one guy drafted 10 years ago!! See he can do it" guess u got nothing. Just keep throwing the race card around, doesn't make u sound un-educated or anything.

Dude you cant even craft a good argument. You ask me to list black QBs we could've taken and wouldve helped this team. I did that. Your rebuttal "they're all the same, they all suck, they're all black". No research, no insight, no nothing. T Jax, Dixon, Garrard, & Smith were all better options than the special team world beaters we took in their place. I notice you made no comments about how Shaw or Barnridge suck. You must be a Panthers employee. Given that you registered on this board just to post in this thread, I would not doubt it. ;)

You should go start a team and only draft black QBs. Give em all a chance and then you can rub it in our face when one of them actually pans out

The Panthers have had 1 (Beurlein) arguably 2 good QBs in their 15 year history out of the 30 they've had. 1 of those 2 QBs has put up 1 of the worst seasons ever this year and is considered the worst starter in the league. Kerry Collins, Richardson's dream of what a 1st round QB is :lol: had 1 of the worst in 97 and ultimately quit on the team and just got benched in Tennessee by one of those "fast QBs" you dont believe in. If I started a team Id give QBs of all races a chance. Richardson's "pick a bum off the street and annoint him" model guarantees when he passes a losing franchise will be his legacy. Merry Christmas.

The only issue with getting Vick IMO is that this season he has not shown that he can be a effective full time starter. Yeah he has had his plays, but hes only touching the ball what 3-4 times a game? One TD pass and one running TD I think, just not enough to show me he can be a good passer. Yeah bring him in and give him a try, but I dont think it would be smart for the Panthers to get into a bidding war, with teams like Buffalo maybe the Rams, who are even more desperate than the Panthers for a QB and are even more desperate to sell tickets at any cost.

Archived