• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

I was a big pro Stroud guy. I think Stroud showed better ability to throw guys open.  

I’m not ready write Young off d/t struggling in two games on a team with little talent around. But I thought he held the ball too long, didn’t see some open receivers. The stats he did put up were mostly against a soft D trying to run out the clock. Not been a lot of positives so far

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the whole selling point on Bryce was how mentally ready he was and how smart he was and how he'd be outsmarting defenses left and right. Because his physical toolset was always marginal.

No one ever said any of that about Young. He was credited for being the most pro ready because he was processing information like that of a 3 year vet. It doesn't mean he is one. That has grown into he is supposed to outsmart nfl defenses left and right. Laying it on a little thick there aren't you? You should go back to fondling Howells balls on the Commanders board. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

No one ever said any of that about Young. He was credited for being the most pro ready because he was processing information like that of a 3 year vet. It doesn't mean he is one. That has grown into he is supposed to outsmart nfl defenses left and right. Laying it on a little thick there aren't you? You should go back to fondling Howells balls on the Commanders board. 

You seem upset. Why don't you build another strawman to soothe yourself?

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

What bullshit? Young was absolutely heralded as a football savant. It's not like we drafted him for his physical tools.

Bullshit is you trying to change the subject to Howell and other forums I've never posted on.

Quote it! You shouldn't have any trouble if it's so well known.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What bullshit? Young was absolutely heralded as a football savant. It's not like we drafted him for his physical tools.

Accepting the premise, is there any sort of hard evidence so far that this isn't true?

As has been said many times, we only have a two game sample. And historically speaking, even the smartest quarterbacks still have to adjust to the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Quote it! You shouldn't have any trouble if it's so well known.

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-qb-bryce-young-called-100011338.html

Just read what Reich and Fitterer say about him. They're completely enamored with his mental capabilities. They gloss over the physical limitations because they're enamored with how brilliant he is on the game of football.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/at-pre-pro-day-dinner-scott-fitterer-became-convinced-bryce-young-was-the-right-choice-for-the-panthers

"At one point, (general manager) Scott (Fitterer) and I and Mr. (David) Tepper kind of made eye contact, like, 'This is crazy,'" Reich said. "He got into how he was studying the film, and some of the things he said about that. I looked at Mr. Tepper; he looked at Scott. It was like, this is next-level stuff.

"And listen, we've all been around, and we've all heard good stuff. The other guys said good stuff too. But this was just at a level that was different."

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-frank-reich-didn-t-need-convincing-on-bryce-young-when-you-watch-the-ta

• Flames 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-qb-bryce-young-called-100011338.html

Just read what Reich and Fitterer say about him. They're completely enamored with his mental capabilities. They gloss over the physical limitations because they're enamored with how brilliant he is on the game of football.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/at-pre-pro-day-dinner-scott-fitterer-became-convinced-bryce-young-was-the-right-choice-for-the-panthers

"At one point, (general manager) Scott (Fitterer) and I and Mr. (David) Tepper kind of made eye contact, like, 'This is crazy,'" Reich said. "He got into how he was studying the film, and some of the things he said about that. I looked at Mr. Tepper; he looked at Scott. It was like, this is next-level stuff.

"And listen, we've all been around, and we've all heard good stuff. The other guys said good stuff too. But this was just at a level that was different."

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-frank-reich-didn-t-need-convincing-on-bryce-young-when-you-watch-the-ta

And where in that did anyone say was capable of outsmarting defenses left and right?  As I said, he is credited for having the processing ability but not the experience.  The staff is going to highlight his good traits and minimize any concerns.  So their faith in him has made him into some fans idea of a world beater. That you chose to do. No one ever said he could outsmart defenses left and right.  That you chose to imply. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

And where in that did anyone say was capable of outsmarting defenses left and right?  As I said, he is credited for having the processing ability but not the experience.  The staff is going to highlight his good traits and minimize any concerns.  So their faith in him has made him into some fans idea of a world beater. That you chose to do. No one ever said he could outsmart defenses left and right.  That you chose to imply. 

You're getting triggered by language. What do you choose to call it when a QB is carving a defense up leaning on their pre-snap reads and quick processing after the snap? I choose to call it outsmarting the defense left and right. You can call it whatever you choose.