• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Average time to throw (Spoiler alert: Bryce is 2nd to last)

LinvilleGorge

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I bumped the old stroud thread because another user brought it up. I didn’t realize that was going to start a chain reaction if old posts. So I’m sorry for that. I’m not familiar with the soft benching theory but if it’s from the game day thread about him not being for real hurt I don’t think I wrote anything of the sort. 

Oh I wasn’t calling you out specifically. Just in general on this forum. You are usual fair and logical. 

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Oh I wasn’t calling you out specifically. Just in general on this forum. You are usual fair and logical. 

I’ll tone down the Stroud and Richardson comps to Bryce. I definitely understand it getting annoying. It’s just my way of coping with another standard season of racking up Ls. I get my hopes up on Gameday and then I’m let down right after. I usually counter that with well it helps draft positioning after we lose and there’s no first rounder so I’m working my way through it via other means. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where has anyone called him a bust? I've legitimately not seen it.

Some folks are just reacting like discussing about his subpar play is akin to slander and it's honestly just absurd.

Are you wanting me to quote all of them? Just type “bust” in the search bar and you will see a couple posts mocking those users then a bunch of users saying it. It’s been all over here. People are talking about getting a first next year to draft his replacement. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Are you wanting me to quote all of them? Just type “bust” in the search bar and you will see a couple posts mocking those users then a bunch of users saying it. It’s been all over here. People are talking about getting a first next year to draft his replacement. 

I've seen people talk about IF Bryce is a bust but I honestly haven't seen anyone flat out calling him a bust. Then again I would've probably just scrolled right past it if I had. We don't know what Bryce is going to be after only two games. All we can really discuss is what he's shown so far. Everything beyond that is just speculation.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’ll tone down the Stroud and Richardson comps to Bryce. I definitely understand it getting annoying. It’s just my way of coping with another standard season of racking up Ls. I get my hopes up on Gameday and then I’m let down right after. I usually counter that with well it helps draft positioning after we lose and there’s no first rounder so I’m working my way through it via other means. 

That doesn’t bother me either. He will be linked to them. I was all about Stroud before the draft and he looks legit. I get it’s frustrating. I’m just trying to comb through nonsense to find legit football info. I think you have a group of negative posters (which is fine they are free to have their opinions) but they freak out and overreact whenever the team struggles. Some seem to thrive on it. Maybe it is a form of coping who knows? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

zach wilson was garbage until garret wilson got there...........oh wait..........there are literal hundreds of examples either way which makes this a foolish exercise.   His play is his play and thats all we have to go on right now

Nahhhh Zach Wilson wasnt good in college. He was a media darling that ended up overdrafted. I can’t help you be able to analyze QBs but Zach was NEVER it. We’ve seen what Bryce is capable of against top competition. 

Edited by AceBoogie
  • Pie 1

Bryce, Stroud, and Richardson are all forever linked. Just the way it is for a draft class. Especially with three QBs taken in the first four picks.

For all those who think I'm so down on Bryce and want him to fail, I said many times prior to the draft that I was fine with Young, Stroud, or Richardson and that my personal choice would be Richardson. But if we'd drafted AR and he failed to finish his first two games and missed his third I'd be borderline freaking out about his durability give the way he's likely going to need to play.

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed, but the WRs haven’t got many chances to make those Tank Dell plays. They had some nice catches with Dalton airing it out. We need to draw up some plays where Young gives the WR a chance on some deep routes and the Vikings would be a good start. 

Having Chark out there should help. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Nahhhh Zach Wilson wasnt good in college. He was a media darling that ended up overdrafted. I can’t help you be able to analyze QBs but Zach was NEVER it. We’ve seen what Bryce is capable of against top competition. 

Wilson was a one year wonder who looked bad against decent competition. He made some jaw dropping throws at his pro day and the scouts gave in to the hype. 

• Pie 2