• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cable vs. DirecTV

Darth Biscuit

OK, I just got my latest TWC bill and it's just ridiculous...

I've got Digital cable with two boxes, one is a DVR, RR light, and TWC digital phone and it's like $165/mo. I called customer retention and they cut it to $142, but that's still steep IMO.

I'm looking into DirecTV, if nothing else to get some good pricing to get more leverage with TWC... anybody got any tips or suggestions on this?

Any bundles worth looking at?

OK, I just got my latest TWC bill and it's just ridiculous...

I've got Digital cable with two boxes, one is a DVR, RR light, and TWC digital phone and it's like $165/mo. I called customer retention and they cut it to $142, but that's still steep IMO.

I'm looking into DirecTV, if nothing else to get some good pricing to get more leverage with TWC... anybody got any tips or suggestions on this?

Any bundles worth looking at?

NFL sunday ticket. End of discussion.

if you decide on DirecTV let me know. we can both get $100 if you do before you schedule an install.

FYI. i made the switch, and got them to throw in sunday ticket at a very discounted rate. with all the football i can watch my bill is a little less than cable was with twc. after the season i'll save about 40 a month over cable.

I pay $89 /month for HD DirecTV package and I pay $100 /month for Phone/Internet/Cable from Comporium. So don't ask me for advice unless you want to pay too much for the sh*t.

I frickin' LOVE DirecTV though. Hands down the best decision I ever made in the home entertainment game.

You should also look at Dish network. Their single box Dual DVR are the shiz. If you have multiple TVs the startup costs are much cheaper. DTV wants to charge you for everything.

I have 4 TVs on two receivers. Each dual DVRs. One is Hi-Def to my 42" LCD.

Silver package, Hi-Def programming, Free Cinemax with paperless, Redzone channel all for about $80 per month.

Go build a 4 DVR, Hi-def system on DTV. Then get out your checkbook 'cause it's going to cost.

This cannot be beat, I posted this here a while back. Add $5 per month onto that for the Red Zone Channel:

attachment.php?attachmentid=28632&d=1234071746

Archived