• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for panther fans

k....dont burn me for this. but i wanted to get your opinions on something.

3600+ yards 19 tds 7 int 97 qb rating

thats chad penningtons numbers last year....he was comeback player of the year. and runner up to the mvp award. leading the dolphins from 1-15 to 11-5 and afc east champions. with no WRs worth speaking about......and imo a running game juuusssttt slightly below yours.

he hurt his shoulder but was reported it was not as bad as originally thought. he had surgery and wants to play again next year. 2009 is the last year of his current contract.

he wont sign back with miami and backup his former backup (henne) so i guess he will want to start.

my question to you.....would you take a guy like this on the panthers next year? hes accurate, doesnt make turnovers, efficent, and has great accuracy on middle length throws....but has a below average strength arm (which obviously doesnt stop him from throwing for almost 4k yards and 20 tds with horrible wrs)

what are your opinions on this? he'd probably come cheap due to how this season played out.......

Pennington is done. I don't think he's going to get any interest at all. Plus, if we're going to bring someone in to compete with Moore, then I'd prefer it to be someone young that could possibly be a long term starter, instead of putting us in the same position we're in now in another year or two.

Matt Moore has a healthy shoulder, stronger arm, and younger body. He doesn't know the game as well as Pennington but with more experience is going to get better. If Pennington wanted to come in and back him up for cheap and then if things went south could come in...yeah I'd want to sign him. But if he wants to come in and demand a starting job, I'd rather just keep McCown.

As long as Matt Moore doesn't go out against the Saints and sling a Jake Delhomme type game then he will be the leader going into training camp and there will be no purpose in signing Pennington.

k....dont burn me for this. but i wanted to get your opinions on something.

3600+ yards 19 tds 7 int 97 qb rating

thats chad penningtons numbers last year....he was comeback player of the year. and runner up to the mvp award. leading the dolphins from 1-15 to 11-5 and afc east champions. with no WRs worth speaking about......and imo a running game juuusssttt slightly below yours.

he hurt his shoulder but was reported it was not as bad as originally thought. he had surgery and wants to play again next year. 2009 is the last year of his current contract.

he wont sign back with miami and backup his former backup (henne) so i guess he will want to start.

my question to you.....would you take a guy like this on the panthers next year? hes accurate, doesnt make turnovers, efficent, and has great accuracy on middle length throws....but has a below average strength arm (which obviously doesnt stop him from throwing for almost 4k yards and 20 tds with horrible wrs)

what are your opinions on this? he'd probably come cheap due to how this season played out.......

That's not a bad idea. However we already have FOUR QBs on the roster (Delhomme & McCown on IR, Moore starting & Feeley as back-up) so I'm thinking Moore will be our starter for next year with Delhomme as the back up. What we really need are WR & DE, maybe another DT

No to Pennington. His injury history just makes him too risky, and if signing him means guaranteeing him to be the starter, no thanks. Matt Moore has earned the starters job in my opinion, it's more of a matter of seeing who will back HIM up. We don't have a 1st round pick until after the 2010 season anyways, so we should see how Moore develops next year, then re-evaluate if we have to. Pennington did some good things for Miami, no doubt, but his future lies elsewhere, not here, and certainly not as the guaranteed starter.

Archived