• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Captroop

Hope it's better than the first one. I just tried to play the first one a couple of days ago. After playing MW2 for the past month or so, it was impossible for me to get into Bad Company. I didn't like anything about it...graphics, aiming, health regeneration, and most importantly the control scheme.

Jorts, I think it comes out March 4.

Hope it's better than the first one. I just tried to play the first one a couple of days ago. After playing MW2 for the past month or so, it was impossible for me to get into Bad Company. I didn't like anything about it...graphics, aiming, health regeneration, and most importantly the control scheme.

I had the opposite reaction. I played MW2 first, and outside of the graphics I didn't see the perks, myself. I got so bored/frustrated with MW2 that I decided to take a break for a day or two and play Battlefield. It hasn't left the disc tray since then.

The game play (in my opinion) is far superior. And I liked a lot of the little things, like the sound; the faint pops of rifle fire in the distance is much more realistic, and that your hearing goes out when a rocket explodes next to you. The only edge I give MW2 is graphics, but BFBC came out 2 years ago, so of course the graphics would be outdated. BFBC2 will have better graphics, and just from watching the video, it looks like they corrected a lot of the things I have a problem with BFBC (such as the rocket launcher class can have a rifle this time; you're not stuck with a shotgun just because you want to bust tanks).

I think this could be the MW2 killer. Of course not in sales. This game won't get anywhere near the hype MW2 did, but I think in the future it will be recognized as a superior game.

*edit*

I should qualify all of this by saying that I am referring only to the multiplayer experience. Not the single player, which I also tip the hat to MW2. But at the end of the day, that's only like 4 hours. Multiplayer is what consumes your life.

Ive been trying to get all of you COD players to play this forever. Its a far better game than COD. You actually get to fly helicopters and drive tanks, humvees and APCs.

A more realistic game also. This game also has such big maps that campers are a non factor. I'm talking maps 20 times the size of COD. Also a destructible environment is awesome. Buildings that actually blow up when a grenade or tank shell hits it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived