• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Friedman did a piece on the Canes.

Highlights

- Pesce turned down an offer earlier in the year, he’s most likely gone.

- The Canes are trying to work something out with Skjei, it could go either way.

- The Canes want Chatfield back.

- Necas is most likely gone.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

- The Canes are trying to work something out with Skjei, it could go either way.

- I've been saying for some time Pesce is likely gone.

- Skjei is an interesting piece. Slavin is at $5.3M thru next year and Orlov is getting $7.75M thru next year. How much is Skjei going to want? He's at $5.25M now, does he get to $6.5 or $7M?

- Chatty is a given. He might be one of, if not the best, 3rd pair d-man in the league.

- Necas is an RFA. Will be interesting to see how the Canes react, if at all, to any offers.

- If Necas is gone, how much of a priority is it to get Jake Guentzel re-signed? Because, as well as he's playing here, he didn't want to leave Pittsburgh to begin with and I'm sure he probably has a sour taste in his mouth over being traded.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

- I've been saying for some time Pesce is likely gone.

- Skjei is an interesting piece. Slavin is at $5.3M thru next year and Orlov is getting $7.75M thru next year. How much is Skjei going to want? He's at $5.25M now, does he get to $6.5 or $7M?

- Chatty is a given. He might be one of, if not the best, 3rd pair d-man in the league.

- Necas is an RFA. Will be interesting to see how the Canes react, if at all, to any offers.

- If Necas is gone, how much of a priority is it to get Jake Guentzel re-signed? Because, as well as he's playing here, he didn't want to leave Pittsburgh to begin with and I'm sure he probably has a sour taste in his mouth over being traded.

I’d like to get Skjei at $6.5 and Guentzel at $8.5. Let Pesce walk and hope someone offer sheets Necas (but a trade is more likely). Sign Jarvis to a bridge and make it up to him once the cap goes up. Extend Chatfield long term.

As for other guys, I’m hoping Teravainen takes a discount and if Martinook, Drury (on a bridge), and Noesen take discounts then bring them back as well.

No interest in bringing back DeAngelo or Raanta.

It’ll be interesting to see if we bring back a bunch of prospects, if we have an AHL team we’ll have to.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Highlights

Exactly as I figured it’d go. Except I’m leaning skjei going and Pesce staying in the end. As what will happen. Not what I want to happen. Necas gone is almost a certainty in my mind. Which is why I didn’t want to give Pono up. Need that NHL ready winger. 

Edited by Harbingers

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Highlights

Is it written or radio/video? Got a link?

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya I regularly listen to 32 thoughts. Haven’t listened to this one yet I’ll check it out. 

They get into our bit around the five minute mark, some interesting stuff on Morrow and Nadeau.

Sounds like we’re really having to battle to sign these college kids.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

They get into our bit around the five minute mark, some interesting stuff on Morrow and Nadeau.

Sounds like we’re really having to battle to sign these college kids.

Us or in general? As Tort’s said these young kids(the ones that come out of college) really expect everything just to be handed to them, NFL style.