• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King - deal Williams or Stewart for 1st round pick

holycrikey

Peter King = assclown, this sounds like a NE fanboy's wet dream: "Oh please NE, please take one of our elite HB's for a late 1st round pick!"

There's a reason why he's a reporter and not a GM. Why would we trade a player the caliber of Williams or Stewart for a totally unproven commodity?

Chester Taylor is pretty good, why doesn't Minnesota trade Adrian Peterson to NE for a late 1st round pick?

There's a reason why he's a reporter and not a GM. Why would we trade a player the caliber of Williams or Stewart for a totally unproven commodity?

Chester Taylor is pretty good, why doesn't Minnesota trade Adrian Peterson to NE for a late 1st round pick?

Yeah, but unlike Minny, our backup is our starter's equal as a football player.

People who can see this as an option to better the team...not OMGZ I JUST BOUGHT HIZ JERSEYS. DLO'Z 4EVERZ

I would do it for a early first, forget what yall say. Late first, definitely not

But like my thread said a couple weeks ago, I rather keep them 2... trade Gross for a late first if anything. Go sign a T through free agency

Williams is easily a top 5 back in the league... He has one year left on his contract and will likely be extended this offseason...

Stewart, while doing everything we have asked, is most certainly still a big question mark as far as durability goes... For those that argue otherwise, please note how many weeks he didn't practice all week and how many times he was listed on the "Probable" list... Sometimes it was just to give him some rest, but a young back like him, if healthy, shouldn't need that much rest... Both that fact and his running style are going to limit his career length, and the teams that would trade for him know this just as much as we do...

You don't give up Williams because he's your number one... Stewart is our luxury 2nd back and someone we have invested a lot of our future in already... Neither will be going anywhere because they are such an integral part of the offense...

...not to mention the guys are best friends, and would likely sign CHEAP compared to what other teams would throw at them...

Yeah, but unlike Minny, our backup is our starter's equal as a football player.

True, but my point is that Williams is an elite talent on the level of Adrian Peterson, you don't trade a guy like that for one draft pick. Stewart also appears to be an elite talent like Williams and Peterson, so once again you don't trade a guy like that for one pick - even if you have another guy with that kind of talent.

Now let's talk about that 1st round pick and Peppers...

You must be an idiot as well....why the fruk would you mess with a duo that ran for 1100 yards EACH....come on man....:rolleyes:

Becuase running back tandems with neato stat stories don't get you into the playoffs, but a better overall team does.

True, but my point is that Williams is an elite talent on the level of Adrian Peterson, you don't trade a guy like that for one draft pick. Stewart also appears to be an elite talent like Williams and Peterson, so once again you don't trade a guy like that for one pick - even if you have another guy with that kind of talent.

Peppers, Williams, Stewart, Smitty, (insert best Panthers players here) will not be going anywhere this offseason... If I'm wrong, quote me in all your signatures and I will retire this account forever...

Williams is easily a top 5 back in the league... He has one year left on his contract and will likely be extended this offseason...

Stewart, while doing everything we have asked, is most certainly still a big question mark as far as durability goes... For those that argue otherwise, please note how many weeks he didn't practice all week and how many times he was listed on the "Probable" list... Sometimes it was just to give him some rest, but a young back like him, if healthy, shouldn't need that much rest... Both that fact and his running style are going to limit his career length, and the teams that would trade for him know this just as much as we do...

You don't give up Williams because he's your number one... Stewart is our luxury 2nd back and someone we have invested a lot of our future in already... Neither will be going anywhere because they are such an integral part of the offense...

...not to mention the guys are best friends, and would likely sign CHEAP compared to what other teams would throw at them...

Idk if they'd sign cheap but there would be alot of pluses for them to stay together.

Understood.

Something tells me that Fox wont be concerned with aquiring picks/saving money and building for the future long-term when he's only working on a one-year deal at the moment, anyway. I don't see either back going anywhere, though we shouldnt dismiss the idea of trading away one when it could benefit.

We obtained Stewart for a 13th pick in the first round because he had recent surgery and we took a risk. People were speculating otherwise he would be a top 10 pick. So why now that we have worked and developed him would we settle for a 22nd pick. Seems to me with him being less of a risk now than he was then, that we would get more compensation not less. Plus they get him for peanuts for the next 3 years on his rookie contract.

What makes you so sure Williams will sign a extension, and continue to split carries when he can be carrying the load much more somewhere else? What if he dont sign an extension and we lose him, when we coulda traded him and got a early 1st round. Then what

Far as Stew, I think this will be his most healthiest year to date. I could careless how much practice time he missed, considering how he ended the year like he was rallying to be number 1

Considering these two guys account for almost all our offense, I wouldn't trade either one of them right now.

If we trade Williams and Stewart ruptures his Achilles, where does that leave us? If we had a more consistent passing game, I would feel better about rolling the dice by trading one of these guys, but right now they are the most consistent offensive weapons we have.

What makes you so sure Williams will sign a extension, and continue to split carries when he can be carrying the load much more somewhere else? What if he dont sign an extension and we lose him, when we coulda traded him and got a early 1st round. Then what

Far as Stew, I think this will be his most healthiest year to date. I could careless how much practice time he missed, considering how he ended the year like he was rallying to be number 1

LOL

You question how I know something, and then predict the future...

Okay Nostradamus...

BTW... Do you not recall Stewart being pulled that last game because he was injured/winded?

Wow!! Someone with some sense on this board. I swear all these "Panther Fans" just want us to have a 1st round pick on draft day so they won't be bored. Also, I still cannot believe that most of you would want to trade DWill if we had to trade one. DWill is a top 5 back Stewie isn't, so what I'm tryin to say is DWill is the better RB.

Archived