• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So is Beason going to the pro-bowl now?

Ricky Spanish

I wish the All-Pro rankings were held in higher esteem than the ProBowl. ProBowl is too easily corrupted by big name players and the hot teams. I mean I can understand why the Pro-Bowl selections are made, but they need to quit holding pro-bowls in such high esteem.

I think the ProBowl should be seen as a reward for being on a successful team. All-Pro is much less biased and I think holds more water. Having stupid fans voting messes everything up. The guys who produce the most and perform the best deserve to go each year. Too many great players on bad teams or small market teams get snubbed. Even players on good teams get snubbed, Will Smith this year and Deangelo Williams last year are examples.

Really it should be the other way around, fans should have no say in the pro-bowl. Let the fans vote on something that doesn't matter.

I wish the All-Pro rankings were held in higher esteem than the ProBowl. ProBowl is too easily corrupted by big name players and the hot teams. I mean I can understand why the Pro-Bowl selections are made, but they need to quit holding pro-bowls in such high esteem.

I think the ProBowl should be seen as a reward for being on a successful team. All-Pro is much less biased and I think holds more water. Having stupid fans voting messes everything up. The guys who produce the most and perform the best deserve to go each year. Too many great players on bad teams or small market teams get snubbed. Even players on good teams get snubbed, Will Smith this year and Deangelo Williams last year are examples.

Really it should be the other way around, fans should have no say in the pro-bowl. Let the fans vote on something that doesn't matter.

Well said....All-Pro should be held above all in a career stat ...not "He was a 5 time pro-bowler."

People complain about the fan vote and large metro populations win out for the most part. The player vote is very corrupt as their own agents dictate to their clients who to vote for....other clients! Bonus money for the the players and the agent gets huge commissions.

At least it is not the NBA fan vote where Allen Iverson is on the starting roster.:rofl:

Archived