• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

River Rats to Charlotte??

Neylus

This will give Charlotte the opportunity to see a team full of potential NHL stars rather than a team with maybe 1 or two NHL caliber players.

Very true, I think with all the injuries the Canes have suffered this year about half they're roster is filled with River Rat call-ups who are playing fantastic. AHL hockey is a sweet spot for quality/price and you have players who are always playing to make the big league. It's pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

This is great news for the Hurricanes. Having a instate affiliate is a luxury even most teams in the league do not have. It also gives the Hurricanes organization the chance to solidify a broader fan base in the Carolinas. This, and Charlotte will be treated to a much higher quality of hockey talent.

I wonder if the Checkers will have uniform changes (most AHL affiliate's jerseys look similar to their NHL team)

Such a GREAT move for Charlotte Hockey! Some of the best sports news in the city in a while.

AHL in Charlotte will be amazing...you WILL see NHLers all the time. Not to mention I'll be able to see the Toronto Marlies!

The best part about it, they're keeping the Checkers name!

Charlotte Checkers are moving on up!

Archived