• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article from Franks time with the colts….sounds very familiar

Tbe

18 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

his zone blocking scheme seems to be the thing that both teams have in common. I think thats our culprit more than anything

Yep, and it's pretty common in a West Coast style offense.

We just don't have lineman that are suited for it. We have road grader types when WCOs typically employ smaller, more agile guys.

6 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

nice guy to have a beer with and talk about the "ole days of Football"

A total turd of a NFL coach who should have NEVER gotten a head coaching job back as fast as he did but hey, our owner knows all the analytics and stuff, he runs a hedge fund

There is little doubt but what Tepper is a "Legend" in his own  mind.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The top thing that I got out of the article is that he needs a really good OC, which honestly isn't a startling revelation.

In our case he went with an up-and-coming coach who'd never really been a full NFL OC before.

Might have been better off to go with somebody experienced.

But Frank is supposed to be an Offensive guy. So our offensive minded head coach needs an offensive guru OC? From what I can tell, the offense looks quite similar to what he had in Indy with similar problems.

Im just saying he clearly isn’t the right guy. What got him the job is all associations and being in the right place at the right time with the right people.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

But Frank is supposed to be an Offensive guy. So our offensive minded head coach needs an offensive guru OC? From what I can tell, the offense looks quite similar to what he had in Indy with similar problems.

Im just saying he clearly isn’t the right guy. What got him the job is all associations and being in the right place at the right time with the right people.

Wouldn't necessarily say a guru, but a good OC.

Brown is a first-time OC, and perhaps he can succeed but it's also possible he's just not ready.

If they replace him, they could go with another first-timer but my sense is it might be smarter to go with someone experienced.