• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lacrosse Season about to Begin!

SCPantherFan90

Only a couple more weeks until the games get televised! I know most people here probably aren't fans since lacrosse is more popular up north, but ever since I was introduced to it in high school, I live and breathe lacrosse. ESPNU starts televising NCAA DI on the 20th I think, so y'all should check it out. UNC is preseason ranked #4 for all you North Carolinians (I think Duke is #2 as well).

Just had to get some excitement out :D

Just like how lacrosse is different from ice hockey. The ball is moved around with "crosse" instead of hitting it around on the ground (or ice). This also makes the game pretty violent because your'e literally hitting the ballcarrier with a metal stick to make him drop the ball. Otherwise its the same basic concept: invasion based scoring game with a net/stick-n-ball. I'm sure there are a bunch of finer rule differences, but I don't really know too much about field hockey so I couldn't get into too much detail as far as that is concerned.

Just Youtube lacrosse and field hockey and you'll see the difference. lol

Archived