• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need a goalie.

Panthers Fan 69

1 minute ago, BY9Franchise said:

Honestly I'd go for it.... contrary to the casuals on x and Facebook the canes d played pretty well....

I think we could get at least .900 out of Cambell he would be facing half the shots he did in Edmonton 

That wasn’t on the D. Holy poo. Ya the first PP goal was on them for leaving Stamkos alone in the spot everyone scores on us. But TT fell down and then picked up the wrong guy. That’s not on the defensemen. Most of the other goals were just bad goalie. He didn’t even move to a majority of the shots. 

• Flames 1

Also fug it. Maybe just bring up Perets. I’m done with Raanta until he’s healthy again. 

The point is we have to try something because I feel like if we don’t we are going to end up middle of the pack on the outside this year. So even if we do try it’s not like we are losing anything. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

That wasn’t on the D. Holy poo. Ya the first PP goal was on them for leaving Stamkos alone in the spot everyone scores on us. But TT fell down and then picked up the wrong guy. That’s not on the defensemen. Most of the other goals were just bad goalie. He didn’t even move to a majority of the shots. 

Exactly.... he let in 6 goals over expected.... 8 goals on 14 shots I doubt we could have done worst playing with six skaters (they would have played cleaner knowing there was no goalie)  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Might not even want him then rod leaving him in probably has his head screwed up.

Edited this above.

“The point is we have to try something because I feel like if we don’t we are going to end up middle of the pack on the outside this year. So even if we do try it’s not like we are losing anything.”

I want Campbell or Perets. There is no way Nashville or Philly are giving up their 1A goalies, especially with the fact Saros is basically the face of Nashville and both teams are doing good so far. It’s idiotic to even think that. Maybe there’s a west coast goalie we could snipe that I haven’t thought about. But I think Campbell is the safest bet. I’d rather we just bring up Perets and start Pytor for a stretch to see if he can get a rhythm. 

Im done with Raanta though. That performance last night clearly indicates he’s got some serious injury. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Edited this above.

“The point is we have to try something because I feel like if we don’t we are going to end up middle of the pack on the outside this year. So even if we do try it’s not like we are losing anything.”

I want Campbell or Perets. There is no way Nashville or Philly are giving up their 1A goalies, especially with the fact Saros is basically the face of Nashville and both teams are doing good so far. It’s idiotic to even think that. Maybe there’s a west coast goalie we could snipe that I haven’t thought about. But I think Campbell is the safest bet. I’d rather we just bring up Perets and start Pytor for a stretch to see if he can get a rhythm. 

I agree we don't need an "elite" guy by any means... because our defense has played solid.... allowing a mere 14 shots is amazing defense and 6 of those goals were soft....

I think Campbell could do very well here.

Pyotr has definitely showed signs of improvement over last seasons drop off too. I think Pyotr is the type of guy that we need to say it’s your net to lose, not your net to gain. Ya he dropped some goals to Edmonton who was desperately trying to show they aren’t an outsider, but in the 3rd when it came to it he played lights out. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

And yeah maybe saros is out but wasn’t the Jets big name goalie on the trade block for the off-season?  Not sold on Campbell but his floor is better than anything we have with our defense.  

We don’t have the cap space to take his contract. Plus the jets are good so why let him go? He’s at what 6.75M? Nah. 

I’d say bring Perets up LTIR Raanta and make Pyotr #1 at least until Christmas. 

7 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I’m also in favor a FINALLY reuniting the SAT line.  Put Jarvis with bunting and necas with Drury and Neosen. Tell me that doesn’t sound like a winner?

SAT line needs to be a thing even though Tripp has been pushing the Svech-Aho non-chemistry narrative. I call BS. I don’t see us retaining Necas in the offseason. Let him go spend time on 4.

Also put Svech back on the PK. I think he’s losing interest. We need to engage him. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1