• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So San Diego...

Ricky Spanish

marty can't win in the playoffs. it's no coincidence, and he wasn't just getting unlucky.

the only questionable decision was hiring norv turner, who has actually done surprisingly well.

as well as phillip rivers has played in san diego, i'm sure its hard to swallow a super bowl where peyton manning (1 pick away from having him) and drew brees (let him walk for nothing) squared off.

I think you need to go back and watch some of those playoff losses.

And poor San Diego was one pick away from getting their hands on Peyton Manning, but instead ended up with Ryan Leaf.... it just shows what a crap shoot the draft is, even with high picks.

So the Chargers had Brees and let him walk and got so close to Peyton Manning they could taste it... god that's awful, LOL

The also had their hands on another SB winning QB in Eli, if only for a few moments. Not that Eli is in the same league as Brees or Peyton.

...on the other had we drafted Jason Peter that same year over Vonnie Holliday, so nobody is perfect.

What's the moral of the story you ask? When given the choice, always go with a Tarheel!

The 1998 draft, the year of Ryan Leaf and Jason Peter who combined have done more drugs than the Rolling Stones.

LOL, here's what I don't get - they fire Marty because he hasn't taken them to the promised land and they replace him with Norv-FRIGGIN-Turner????

Man I totally agree.

Watching Turner try and manage their playoff game this post season was infuriating, even for someone who isn't a Chargers fan.

The guy is like a retarded version of John Fox, if you can imagine such a thing.

I have changed my avatar, signature, and my custom user title to show you how dedicated I am to agreeing with you every time you post. I want you to know that I mean business and that you can always count on me to have your back in any argument that you may encounter on the internet.

You're a real a-hole dude.

The Chargers only mistake in all that have been brought up in this thread, was not keeping Turner. The GM wanted him, the team wanted him, but the ownership wanted to keep LT...that was a mistake.

Norv is a pretty good HC, I know that many "fans" out there don't think so, but take a close look at what he has been able to do in SD over the past few years.

As for letting Brees walk, that's just part of the game. They had a high first rounder sitting on the bench, that they though the ceiling was higher on. They, along with the Saints were the ONLY teams in the NFL that extended Brees a contract. Think about that for a minute. 30 teams passed on him, and he took the one with the most guaranteed money.

The Chargers have been to the playoffs 4 straight years, they will get over the hump. The Chargers and Colts, until their SB run are very similar in nature.

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

The Chargers only mistake in all that have been brought up in this thread, was not keeping Turner. The GM wanted him, the team wanted him, but the ownership wanted to keep LT...that was a mistake.

Norv is a pretty good HC, I know that many "fans" out there don't think so, but take a close look at what he has been able to do in SD over the past few years.

As for letting Brees walk, that's just part of the game. They had a high first rounder sitting on the bench, that they though the ceiling was higher on. They, along with the Saints were the ONLY teams in the NFL that extended Brees a contract. Think about that for a minute. 30 teams passed on him, and he took the one with the most guaranteed money.

The Chargers have been to the playoffs 4 straight years, they will get over the hump. The Chargers and Colts, until their SB run are very similar in nature.

back to defend Phillipe eh? hahaha, yeah Rivers has what it takes to go 32-39 with no picks. Yeah....RIGHT.

back to defend Phillipe eh? hahaha, yeah Rivers has what it takes to go 32-39 with no picks. Yeah....RIGHT.

Please go to a SAINTS forum.

Nope, just defending the Chargers choices. The Saints took a gamble, it has worked out very nicely for them, good for them.

Why do you even care? Your team got a good QB, do you take joy in saying that the Chargers made a mistake in letting Brees walk in FA? Personally I don't think that they did, but to each his own.

Is this still seriously an argument?

Hmm, lets see.

1) San Diego has 2 outstanding quarterbacks in Brees and Rivers.

2) One was coming off a recent shoulder injury that could have been career ending, one wasn't

Who the fug do you think they're going to take? Seriously. They're BOTH outstanding quarterbacks and neither side 'got robbed'. The biggest mistake San Diego has ever made was keeping LT instead of Michael Turner.

What's the moral of the story you ask? When given the choice, always go with a Tarheel!

The 49ers seem really happy with that strategy in taking Kentwan Balmer in the first round. Oh and our Bobcats are also happy that they made Sean May a lottery pick so that he could eat his way into a 12th man role for another team.

Is this still seriously an argument?

Hmm, lets see.

1) San Diego has 2 outstanding quarterbacks in Brees and Rivers.

2) One was coming off a recent shoulder injury that could have been career ending, one wasn't

Who the f**k do you think they're going to take? Seriously. They're BOTH outstanding quarterbacks and neither side 'got robbed'. The biggest mistake San Diego has ever made was keeping LT instead of Michael Turner.

YUP.

It was an easy choice, and the right one for the Chargers and the Saints.

The LT thing was a huge mistake, one that ownership wishes they could take back, but water under the bridge.

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

YUP.

It was an easy choice, and the right one for the Chargers and the Saints.

The LT thing was a huge mistake, one that ownership wishes they could take back, but water under the bridge.

do believe we have ourselves a closet Charger fan here boys

Archived