• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT: No tag for Pep

Boltergeist

Just to play Devil's advocate here, tagging him and keeping him would adversely affect the team. He's just not worth the money. If we were to tag him and try to trade him, we'd have no leverage. Sure, teams might get into a bidding war over him, but they didn't last season. I agree though, we have to at least tag him. Trade him for a 6th rounder if that's the best we can get. Just get SOMETHING out of it. Getting nothing but a supplemental pick in the next draft would be a huge loss.

The panthers were never in the market to trade him last season

its not just that...its not like 2010 is going to be here forever. we also have to plan for the future of a cap coming back. WHat the hell are we going to do if we sign a bunch of people this year because of a cap then all of a sudden we are screwed in 2013.

It's about instant gratification. How long have you been in America? The future doesn't matter.

just to play the flip side of this card... the FO stilll has time to offer him a long-term deal too guys.

My guess is they will try one time.

Its almost kind of a distraction to the players as well. Theyre busting their tails just as hard if not harder than pepp, he makes a few more plays, but yet he's making 10x as much. May be better team chemistry with him

But the team loves him...

There were plenty of rumors going around. Sure, you could say that they were a product of his agent, but I'm pretty sure that if they had been offered fair compensation, he would have been gone. He embarrassed the franchise with his little tantrum. We just needed him more than we needed what was probably offered (3rd rounder?). Purely speculation on my part but I'd bet that the FO's phones blew up the moment his agent started talking to the media. And I'd bet that they listened.

I dont think so.they tagged him to keep him and prob got some good offers but just did not want to let him go.

I officially propose to our great mods here that until something actually happens with Pep, be it a tag or long term deal or whatever, that we lock all non fact-based Pep threads. These same talking heads that talk about Pep and take everything out of context and manipulate everything have us taking TE's in mock drafts with our first pick. Are you fuging kidding me?!?! What's the medias obsession with CAR taking Tight Ends?

I officially propose to our great mods here that until something actually happens with Pep, be it a tag or long term deal or whatever, that we lock all non fact-based Pep threads. These same talking heads that talk about Pep and take everything out of context and manipulate everything have us taking TE's in mock drafts with our first pick. Are you f**king kidding me?!?! What's the medias obsession with CAR taking Tight Ends?

Duh! Ever since we lost Wesley Walls we just haven't been the same team!!

Plus, if we do lose Pep, they can change us to picking a DE every mock draft thereafter so that we can replace him...

Archived