• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kel Tech pistol

southcakalac

I am looking in to buying this gun for my gf so she can keep it in her house. We dont live together and when I'm not over there I worry about her security.

Does anyone on here have any feed back on Kel Tech pistols? This seems like the best choice for her, its a small caliber .32. If I do buy it she will definitley be going to a weapons training class, to learn how to properly handle it.

So any feedback guys? Here is a link to the pistol. http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p32.htm

For a woman, I would consider a Sig P230 (now a Sig P-232 model) or a Bersa Thunder .380

I like the extra little oomph that a .380 has over a .32.

Or go for the classic "Bond, my name is James Bond!" Look, and get her a Walther's PPK .380.

If you go to Shooter's Express, they will probably let you try at least one model of each out and see which she likes best.

I have had 2 different GF's carry.

1 preferred a hammerless .357 Taurus revolver, the other preferred a S & W .40 cal with a modified spring to be able for her to pull the slide back. (Don't rag on me people, but most women find it hard to pull back the slide on a 9 mil and especially anything over it.)

Better still, why don't you pay for her to do some self-defense classes. Guns are always seen the only option for personal security, but there are many situations where a gun won't help at all. If you ask me, guns are a band-aid. If you're worried about her safety, teach her how to defend herself, not what to defend herself with.

goddamn, i love the internet.

take self defense courses, get her some bear spray, if she still isn't comfortable get her a 20 gauge shotgun. This is about her feeling safe. If she doesn't feel uncomfortable in her area and she doesn't want a gun, you putting one in her hand or convincing her she needs one is not going to help the situation and certainly won't make her safer.

snub nose .357 lol.

goddamn, i love the internet.

take self defense courses, get her some bear spray, if she still isn't comfortable get her a 20 gauge shotgun. This is about her feeling safe. If she doesn't feel uncomfortable in her area and she doesn't want a gun, you putting one in her hand or convincing her she needs one is not going to help the situation and certainly won't make her safer.

snub nose .357 lol.

What's so funny? Please elaborate, and be loud, because it may be hard for me to hear you since you are way up there.

The one Kel-tec i shot jammed a lot. Get a revolver. Girls have problems trying to rack a round. She just needs to be able to point and shoot. Really, she should get a shotgun but if she wants to hide it get a revolver. You can even get her the one with the pink grip. :D

What's so funny? Please elaborate, and be loud, because it may be hard for me to hear you since you are way up there.

it's just that i wouldn't think of a snub nosed .357 magnum as the appropriate home defense weapon for someone's girlfriend who was unfamiliar with guns.

maybe i'm totally wrong though. it'll certainly blow big f*cking holes in things.

Better still, why don't you pay for her to do some self-defense classes. Guns are always seen the only option for personal security, but there are many situations where a gun won't help at all. If you ask me, guns are a band-aid. If you're worried about her safety, teach her how to defend herself, not what to defend herself with.

I don't know if standing there in a karate stance while someone is crawling through her window at 3am is ideal either.

Would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Guest CatofWar

I own four kel-tecs and swear by them. It's the only brand of weapon I will carry concealed. The reasons being they are 100% reliable and can conceal anywhere. The p32 (the 32 cal you are looking at) will give you just as much penetration as will a similar sized gun chambered in .380. You have to realize though that the barrel of the gun is only 2.7", that;s including the chamber. That, coupled with the light weight of the weapon is going to produce some heavy recoil for the ladies. If you are seriously considering going with the p32, PM me and we will have her shoot mine and see if she can rack the slide and handle the gun.

Archived