• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who needs a vacation ?

Johnny Rockets

Ok, so all this crappy weather has got me itching for vacation season to start and it is almost here. I just put in for my time off at work this morning and it has me ready to go. This is how I have mine laid out so far:

March - Spring training trip roadtrip to see the Phillies in Clearwater with 3 friends.

June - 9 days in North Myrtle with wife and kids + my friend and his wife. (This is 5 days after my wife gets back from a cruise with her friends - what a rough month it will be for her).

July - Week in NJ to visit family and friends. Phillies game, gambling in AC, searching for Snookie at Jersey Shore.

August - 4 day golf trip at the beach with some co-workers.

November - Possible Carribean cruise with wife and some "friends" (I use that term loosely)

This was supposed to be a get out of debt year for us but I am not so sure I see that happening.

So what do you have planned for this year?

Sounds like a nice year of vacations.

I am trying to get an April Scuba trip planned somewhere in the Caribbean with friends. We have four of us that go and dive. No wives....no kids....no problems.

Will add a week at the beach this summer with the kids...not sure when.

2 weeks in July in Columbia South America with the family. Have to go down to visit my Sister-In-law's family. My wife's brother married a girl from there. Many members of her family could not come up for the wedding this past summer. We are taking the entire family (proba bout 25 people) down there. Her family is renting us a 12 bedroom oceanfront villa to stay in.......they are loaded.

Wondering if her family is part of some Cartel....hmmmmm

June - 9 days in North Myrtle with wife and kids + my friend and his wife. (This is 5 days after my wife gets back from a cruise with her friends - what a rough month it will be for her).

If you were any kind of husband you would take the inlaws with you.

eww

I know...haven't been to North Myrtle in about 5 years.....6 bedroom house for free and it sits all by itself. Kids will love it and to be honest I think it will be fun. Not going to get into anything Myrtle Beach like other than maybe a couple of rounds of golf.....just hanging out with the family and friends on the beach during the day and grilling out and hanging by the pool with some cocktails at night.

We were going to try and do a Caribbean resort instead but this fell in our lap and will save about $3,500. Planning a trip for a family of 4 is outrageously expensive and honestly not something I can easily afford.

I know...haven't been to North Myrtle in about 5 years.....6 bedroom house for free and it sits all by itself. Kids will love it and to be honest I think it will be fun. Not going to get into anything Myrtle Beach like other than maybe a couple of rounds of golf.....just hanging out with the family and friends on the beach during the day and grilling out and hanging by the pool with some cocktails at night.

We were going to try and do a Caribbean resort instead but this fell in our lap and will save about $3,500. Planning a trip for a family of 4 is outrageously expensive and honestly not something I can easily afford.

Ya as long as you stay away from the "strip" it's not so bad.

Ok, so all this crappy weather has got me itching for vacation season to start and it is almost here. I just put in for my time off at work this morning and it has me ready to go. This is how I have mine laid out so far:

March - Spring training trip roadtrip to see the Phillies in Clearwater with 3 friends.

July - Week in NJ to visit family and friends. Phillies game, gambling in AC, searching for Snookie at Jersey Shore.

August - 4 day golf trip at the beach with some co-workers.

November - Possible Carribean cruise with wife and some "friends" (I use that term loosely)

This was supposed to be a get out of debt year for us but I am not so sure I see that happening.

So what do you have planned for this year?

Do u work for a non-profit? Only way I can figure you get that much vacation time!

Myrtle Beach can be nice if you stay away from the touristy stuff... and if the stay is free...

Do u work for a non-profit? Only way I can figure you get that much vacation time!

no not at all......just got a good package when I was hired on. I get 7 weeks but that also incudes any sick time. I go to 8 weeks next year.

I take a lot of 3-4 day weekends throughout the year also because even what I have already planned still leaves me about 3 weeks to use. A couple of those trips are just 4 day weekend things. None of them are very expensive either because I have free places to stay at all of them (except for the cruise) since I have family or friend's places that we stay at.

no not at all......just got a good package when I was hired on. I get 7 weeks but that also incudes any sick time. I go to 8 weeks next year.

I take a lot of 3-4 day weekends throughout the year also because even what I have already planned still leaves me about 3 weeks to use. A couple of those trips are just 4 day weekend things. None of them are very expensive either because I have free places to stay at all of them (except for the cruise) since I have family or friend's places that we stay at.

Holy crap 8 weeks. lucky bastard

Archived