• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Carolina where QBs go to die?

NAS

11 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think Purdy would look terrible in 2023 Panthers and would probably finish with a similar record.  Rookie Bryce would have played well on Shannahan’s offense under his coaching 

I think Purdy is better than Bryce. How much better? I don't know. That's a real kick in the nuts when we're talking about Mr. Mortgage the Franchise to Trade Up to #1 vs. Mr. Irrelevant.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Purdy is better than Bryce. How much better? I don't know. That's a real kick in the nuts when we're talking about Mr. Mortgage the Franchise to Trade Up to #1 vs. Mr. Irrelevant.

That’s another topic- it was a terrible trade from a value standpoint. But it’s a sunk cost, the question is can Bryce still develop into a formidable starting QB?

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

That’s another topic- it was a terrible trade from a value standpoint. But it’s a sunk cost, the question is can Bryce still develop into a formidable starting QB?

Honestly, I don't think so.

Put it this way, I think Purdy is better than Bryce and I think Purdy is only an asset on a cheap rookie contract. If you're forced to pay him like a legit franchise QB and then have to make the type of roster decisions you have to make to accommodate that type of salary cap impact, he becomes a liability.