• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Browns

If the Panthers had the top overall pick this year, Young would be out. People can go on and on about improvement, year one this, year one that. What we just witnessed was worse than what we saw from Josh Rosen with the Cardinals and on par with, if not worse, than what we got from Jimmy Clausen in 2010. Generally you'll see something that wows you, or gives you hope, but I didn't get any of that with Bryce. 

I watched the Texans game on Saturday and it's just mind boggling how the Panthers could look at this two in back to back Pro Days and then decide that Young is the guy. The ball jumps off of Strouds hands, he's mobile, he can play from under center, he makes full field reads, and guys follow his lead. There is no way an offensive staff as experienced as what the Panthers hired looked at Young and Stroud side by side and said "Yep, Young should be the pick". That brings me to the Tepper's. 

The only commonality that's happened since Tepper bought the team is that there is a QB acquisition each off-season and the mantra is always "we need to find our QB of the future, no matter how much it costs us". Fitterer said this, but he didn't come from the school of making bad trades or overdrafting guys. The Seahawks are one of the best drafting franchises in the NFL and their roster management is top notch. We haven't seen a lot of that under Fitterer which tells me that Tepper is far more involved in the Day-to-Day, intermediate term, and Strategic decision making in regards to personnel.

1. Teddy Two-Gloves

2. Sam Darnold

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Bryce Young

Each of these guys cost draft picks and only Darnold, once we finally went heavy play action with Foreman to protect the offensive line and QB, had even a modicum of success. He fired Rivera a few months into a 3-4 change on defense, fired Brady after a short tenure, fired Rhule, and now fired Reich and Fitterer after a move that by all accounts was created by Tepper.

The point of this post is to say that if you can get a quarterback at the Top of the 2nd round, or even trade back up into the first, you do it. You can't go into next season with only Young as your starter based on what we've seen this year. If we had the top pick, he would be gone.

Which just goes to show, if we had just stood pat with what we had, and still sucked this year, we could've had our pick of Maye, Penix, or Williams and could've had a very young, talented core of talent to build around. Instead, we are the new Browns. 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

If the Panthers had the top overall pick this year, Young would be out. 

I honestly don't think this is even debatable. There's zero chance you'd be sitting there looking at Caleb Williams and Drake Maye and say, "Nah, we really have to commit to Bryce Young for another year." You'd draft another QB and flip Young for whatever you could get.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

If the Panthers had the top overall pick this year, Young would be out. People can go on and on about improvement, year one this, year one that. What we just witnessed was worse than what we saw from Josh Rosen with the Cardinals and on par with, if not worse, than what we got from Jimmy Clausen in 2010. Generally you'll see something that wows you, or gives you hope, but I didn't get any of that with Bryce. 

I watched the Texans game on Saturday and it's just mind boggling how the Panthers could look at this two in back to back Pro Days and then decide that Young is the guy. The ball jumps off of Strouds hands, he's mobile, he can play from under center, he makes full field reads, and guys follow his lead. There is no way an offensive staff as experienced as what the Panthers hired looked at Young and Stroud side by side and said "Yep, Young should be the pick". That brings me to the Tepper's. 

The only commonality that's happened since Tepper bought the team is that there is a QB acquisition each off-season and the mantra is always "we need to find our QB of the future, no matter how much it costs us". Fitterer said this, but he didn't come from the school of making bad trades or overdrafting guys. The Seahawks are one of the best drafting franchises in the NFL and their roster management is top notch. We haven't seen a lot of that under Fitterer which tells me that Tepper is far more involved in the Day-to-Day, intermediate term, and Strategic decision making in regards to personnel.

1. Teddy Two-Gloves

2. Sam Darnold

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Bryce Young

Each of these guys cost draft picks and only Darnold, once we finally went heavy play action with Foreman to protect the offensive line and QB, had even a modicum of success. He fired Rivera a few months into a 3-4 change on defense, fired Brady after a short tenure, fired Rhule, and now fired Reich and Fitterer after a move that by all accounts was created by Tepper.

The point of this post is to say that if you can get a quarterback at the Top of the 2nd round, or even trade back up into the first, you do it. You can't go into next season with only Young as your starter based on what we've seen this year. If we had the top pick, he would be gone.

Which just goes to show, if we had just stood pat with what we had, and still sucked this year, we could've had our pick of Maye, Penix, or Williams and could've had a very young, talented core of talent to build around. Instead, we are the new Browns. 

Very original!!

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/229502-we-are-the-browns/

• Pie 1