• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Pens 7pm

KingKucci

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

RBA even called him "Pepe" during the pre-game with Tripp.

Love it, best nickname on the team, "Pepe Lemieux."

Ya even Rod couldn’t resist that nickname. I really don’t know how he could he taken out of the lineup at this point. I know he’s only a +1 in his last five. But his line has also only allowed 2 goals in 5 games total and only a -1 in one game.

I’m hoping this little injury might jumpstart Necas back to last year form kinda how sveches little injury at the end of November/early December got his engine going again. But Necas really seems to be streaky by year. Some years he’s great, some years hes just not all there. 

I would like to see us start resting guys systematically after the all star break while subbing in Lemieux, if everyone maintains a generally hockey “healthy” status. Not every game. But ya know if Fasty, TT, Staal or Martinook, etc get tweaked a little. Let ‘em take a game or two.

That said I’m pretty sure Staal has a rotator cuff that’s going to need to be repaired at some point(from last season). Can’t remember where I heard it but I think both him and Aho are playing with bum shoulders. 

Edited by Harbingers

Speaking of Necas is out of the no-contact and back on his line for today’s miniskate.

Also I thought tomorrow’s game was at 2? Maybe they changed it up cause nfl? I know they changed the Pens game to 4 to accommodate for the NFL. Or most likely they are doing an hour long pregame since it’s the hall of fame game. Bally is probably where I got the 2pm number from. 

Also glad they are giving Perets some ice time, just in case. 

Edited by Harbingers