• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Conference Championship Games

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lamar is about to be a 2 time MVP without those weapons on the 49ers.

Lamar is not going to get credit until he wins a SB. It's why damn near the entire thread went crazy when he loss. People also want to root against Lamar as much as others don't want to admit it.

I don't agree with people on ESPN a lot, but Dan Orlovsky made a great point when he said people who look like Lamar, talk like Lamar, dress like Lamar aren't supposed to win a SB. Orlovsky played in the NFL if he's admitting this is the buzz around the NFL believe him!

Lamar failed. But so did the other great QBs. Manning couldn't beat Brady for years yet he's still considered as one the better QBs to ever play.

I wanted Lamar to win just to put all that poo to bed. I'm tired of hearing it. But, Lamar not only lost, but he didn't have the greatest game either. Sigh.

I listen to ESPN Radio most everyday. Sometimes I agree with whomever, sometimes I don't. I take their takes as good for thought. one thing I do like about ESPN is that sometimes their personalities reference advanced stats. #Hembo on #Greeny lives and dies by advanced stats more than anyone I've ever seen. He's an encyclopedia. That being said, you can learn some things you may not know. 

Of course ESPN uses QBR, as it invented it, so I learned that Brock Purdy is the best QB that has ever run Shananan's system. He was arguably better overall than Matt Ryan in his Superbowl year. Purdy's QBR (74+) is approximately five points higher than RG3's (69+) in his rookie year. And of course Jimmy G wasn't really close. One thing Hembo did say is that people (like @LinvilleGorge) try to bang on Purdy for living off YAC, but he said that Purdy is in the bottom third of the league. He also said that when Jimmy G went to the Superbowl, YAC accounted for more than 50 percent of his passing yards, while Purdy's was 10 percent less (which, again is bottom-third of all QBs). He also said that Purdy's 9.2 yard per pass average is excellent.

So, I wasn't banging Lamar, I was saying that people should give Purdy his due. He's obviously benefitting from good players---which he's supposed to do---but they're benefitting  from him as well. He's running Shananan's system better than it's ever been run.

2 hours ago, Martin said:

It is not the fact that he lost. It is how he lost. It was another playoff dud game from him. If he had played well and they still lost, the discussion would have been very different.

No it wouldn't. 

You lose you didn't play good enough than the other QB. Had Flowers not fumbled at the goal line that game may have been different.

Chiefs were shutout in the 2nd half so it's not like Mahomes had his greatest game either.

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No it wouldn't. 

You lose you didn't play good enough than the other QB. Had Flowers not fumbled at the goal line that game may have been different.

Chiefs were shutout in the 2nd half so it's not like Mahomes had his greatest game either.

Well we can just agree to disagree on this one.