• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade deadline

Squirrel

Per WRAL:

Aaron Ward's deal is done and he's a healthy scratch for tonight's game in TO. Their probably waiting to announce the deal till tomorrow so Ottawa (my guess) can save a little $ on his per day salary. Now the question is....what's coming back the other way.

They TRADED Aaron Ward? JR is a master. There is nothing else I can even begin to say...

Hawk.. do you think they'll trade one of their goaltenders? I heard Price was Gainey's boy.. so maybe with Halak showing the world he can play, does Price get moved? Or do they capitalize on Halak's value?

Yeah Aaron ward has been a bust this season. There are talks now of Whitney not going anywhere. Going to be an interesting 24 hrs.

Yea, It's part him forcing where he goes because of the NTA and him wanting an extension....plus what the canes are asking for. A 1st plus a prospect.

dont like the 3rd for Andrew Alberts, would have preferred to keep him for that hes a bottom pairing big physicaly guy we need.

Robbed Washington for Pothier, Osala, and their 2nd rounder in 2011.

Walker for a 7th round pick isnt much but he hasn't played hardly at all in 2 years, just a salary dump ultimately.

Aaron Ward gone thank God.

Currently have

Gleason-Pitkanen

Picard-Carson

Pothier? / Nobody on D

looks like the team expects, McBain, Rodney, or Harrison to be able to step up and play.

Good trades...JR did some damn fine work with the Corvo trade. Canes now have a ton of 2nd rounds and has some flexibility with what they can do in the draft. I like getting Osala in that trade, he could be a nice pickup.

As for Whitney not being moved, it's what I thought. He didn't want to go anywhere and the only deal that Whitney even new about was the one from a month ago..Which he shot down with the contract extension.

Archived