• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I actually hope we just move Rosario to WR and roll with King and Barnidge at TE

SmootsDaddy89

Cool story bro. Except Gamble was moved to CB because he couldn't catch jack sh*t and the other example is failed attempt at humor.

Other than that, you my position nailed down.

And Rosario was a TE because that's his best position. This is not rocket science. I suppose you agree with Zod that Weinke would have been our Joe Montana, if Fox would have given him the reigns too, right?

Jeez, what happened to all the people who actually knew the game of football around here?

A position that he doesn't like playing. Not in the type of offense we run, at least.

Show me a link to where he actually said that he didn't want to play TE.

Either way, I guarantee you the Panthers coaching staff do not agree with you, nor would any other NFL coaching staff. There aren't a lot of 6'4" 250lb WR's in the NFL, and there is a reason for that.

Wow holy poo you're right. If only there were a way for players to lose weight. But there isn't so looks like I have no point.

And it's partially speculation, but I do remember back during training camp there were rumblings that the coaches were unhappy with Dante, specifically his attitude. Someone get Meat in here to clarify on this issue.

Show me a link to where he actually said that he didn't want to play TE.

Either way, I guarantee you the Panthers coaching staff do not agree with you, nor would any other NFL coaching staff. There aren't a lot of 6'4" 250lb WR's in the NFL, and there is a reason for that.

vincent-jackson-1.jpg

Wow holy sh*t you're right. If only there were a way for players to lose weight. But there isn't so looks like I have no point.

And it's partially speculation, but I do remember back during training camp there were rumblings that the coaches were unhappy with Dante, specifically his attitude. Someone get Meat in here to clarify on this issue.

What you're talking about is when Dante was replaced on the punt team because he gave a half assed effort and missed blocks. It had nothing to do with playing TE on offense, and I haven't seen one single article where Donte said he didn't like playing TE, or where he uttered one word about wanting to be a WR. This is not even speculation...this is just a wild idea that a few of you pulled out of your asses that is never gonna happen in real life, and all the clever little insults you can ever think of won't change that.

Also, Vincent Jackson was a WR in college and he's a good 20lbs lighter than Rosario.

I think it was more about blocking in general, although that specific scenario does ring a bell. But that by itself doesn't explain why he was losing playing time to Barnidge.

Like I said in another post you probably didn't bother to read, he was the 3rd leading receiver at Oregon AS A FULLBACK. HE WANTS TO CATCH THE BALL.

The only thing that wont change is how dumb you look for apparently believing that Dante Rosario is completely incapable of ever losing weight.

No thanks on the diagrams, and you could not find where moose blocked a LB by design more than twice this season. Moose primarily blocked WR's. Rosario could block a safety just fine as well.

You claim Rosario is not fast enough to be a WR because of the faster CB's, but when it is pointed out that he is faster than a WR last season you move on to blocking, but then claim Moose didn't block CB's?

Straw grasping at its finest.

First of all there is no evidence that Rosario is faster than Moose simply your speculation that he might be. Secondly you claim that Moose didn't block a linebacker more than tiwice this year when you don't watch film so you really don't know and you speculate that Rosarion could block safeties. We went to the blocking aspect with Moose because Rosario can't do it and it is the reason that Moose was picked up in the first place. If he blocked like Rosario he would have never even landed here after the Chicago debacle. Does anyone say that Moose catches well or gets separation or that he is one heck of a blocker. Unfortunately Rosario is a TE and can't even block.

Then you compare Rosario to a WR we released because he is supposed over the hill and too slow.

And I am grasping at straws? LOL.

I think it was more about blocking in general, although that specific scenario does ring a bell. But that by itself doesn't explain why he was losing playing time to Barnidge.

Like I said in another post you probably didn't bother to read, he was the 3rd leading receiver at Oregon AS A FULLBACK. HE WANTS TO CATCH THE BALL.

The only thing that wont change is how dumb you look for apparently believing that Dante Rosario is completely incapable of ever losing weight.

When did I ever say that anybody couldn't lose weight? You really are desperate aren't you?;)

BTW, doesn't it strike you as odd that two different coaching staffs on the college level and the NFL level didn't make him a WR, if that's his best position? I really hate to bring all of this logic to the discussion, but all of the evidence is against you.

Okay well for one, Barnidge had a better 40 time because he was 15 pounds lighter at the combine than Rosario was. Their weight is practically even now.

Two, I put about as much stock in 40 times in general as I do in the possibility that AK will eventually at some point in time say something intellectual and thought-provoking. For example, Deangelo ran a 4.55 at the combine, but I seriously doubt you'd be willing to tout that as his actual game speed.

Three, as I've said before, Rosario doesn't even really bother putting the needed practice and effort into his blocking skills because he doesn't want to block, he wants to catch. He was a freaking fullback at Oregon and still had more receptions and more yardage than our tight ends generally get. Can't imagine why he'd be frustrated playing in our offense. Get him to slim down about 25 pounds, put him at receiver, and he'd be perfectly fine.

You are off the mark here. You think the 15 lbs make Barnidge slower. Players who go from college to the pros engage in offseason and ramped up conditioning programs designed to get them stronger while retaining the flexibility ( to avoid injury) and maintaining the speed they had as a younger player. Look at Smitty. He pumped up significantly since college but surely didn't lose speed until age has caught up with him as it does everyone.

And 40 times aren't the only way to judge ability or speed. Still the fact that experts, coaches, and scouts beleive 40 times are important while you don't just indicates who is the expert here and who iisn't. Williams for example doesn't outrun people and has been caught severa times from behind. His usefulness is having great moves, lateral movement and vision in the open field. I don't know how that comparison is germaine given Rosario's suspect ability in other areas as well. He is third on the depth chart as a tight end and there are great talent observers on here that think he could be a wide receiver. Yeah we really need another 5th receiver instead of number 2. This will be the answer to Smitty calls for someone faster than he is. LOL

How about instead of trying to remake a mediocre talent at best, we actually go out and get a proven wide receiver? Yeah apparently it is novel concept around here.

Archived