• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Far, So Good....

twylyght

I am confident in what I saw for our team during that stretch and that the people I feel will be on our team next year will produce. As I said before, feel free to bring this thread back in October.

Actually I will wait until free agency and the draft before I decide what I think about the team. My only point is this unbridled enthusiasm is ridiculous at this point. Right now we are very inexperienced and much worse off than last year. The good news though is that we are still a work in progress.

The middle of the line has to play a control scheme. Once that is in place, the defense works. Case in point, Hollis Thomas being inserted last year.

On running plays you are correct. But on passing passing the goal is to get to the quarterback and collapse the pocket in the middle to keep the quarterback from stepping up. The problem is that very few Nose tackles can take on 2 blocks and still generate a pass rush. Thomas did a pretty good job of penetration last year especially in comparison to Kemo of years past.

Yeah you missed alot. The defense we have now wasn't the one that performed so well the last 5 games. And you have it wrong on so many counts. Lewis wasn't the run stuffer, Thomas was. Lewis was the penetrating 3 technique guy who sometimes had to play stout against the run because we were decimated with injuries. You obviously don't know the cover 2 defense or you wouldn't be saying that we will be blitzing often with linebackers or defensive backs. Pressure and resultant sacks has to come from the D line which is a shell of it's former self. The back 7 can't do their job unless the front four are getting pressure.

Go do some homework and get back with me.

Excuse the fug outta me for being too stupid to have this conversation. Didnt say Lewis was the run stuffer. I simply liked what he did over his tenure here. You already acknowledged my comment about Thomas.

I called last season's outcome before it began when it wasn't fashionable to do so. Then again... I must just not know what the hell I'm talking about. Tell ya what... if I'm such a complete moron, how about you ignore anything else I say because I am obviously not worth your time.

I must have missed something. Has Brayton signed with someone else? Is there any reason for us to not have the option of bringing him back? We have addressed our key players, and can now focus on our support roles. In fact, we would do well to look at a number of positions to see where we have actually jettisoned our personnel where it is assumed that we will not sign players back. Just because someone is an UFA does not mean that they will not end up with the team.

Also, to focus on a traditional system where sacks is your sole measuring stick of a Dline's performance would be wrong to consider in how Meeks is implementing his scheme. We now have a defense that is dynamic and agile where offenses will now have to guess where the pressure is coming from. Granted, we will do better with that run-stuffer in the middle (hence my trepidation of letting Lewis go), but we will now see LBs and DBs coming off the edge and stunting up the middle for pressure. Leave the Trgo views of defense dead and buried in the past. Meeks showed that he can do this.

The sky is not falling. It has opened up for us as an organization.

you sure act like you knew what you were talking about here!

Excuse the f**k outta me for being too stupid to have this conversation. Didnt say Lewis was the run stuffer. I simply liked what he did over his tenure here. You already acknowledged my comment about Thomas.

I called last season's outcome before it began when it wasn't fashionable to do so. Then again... I must just not know what the hell I'm talking about. Tell ya what... if I'm such a complete moron, how about you ignore anything else I say because I am obviously not worth your time.

We now have a defense that is dynamic and agile where offenses will now have to guess where the pressure is coming from. Granted, we will do better with that run-stuffer in the middle (hence my trepidation of letting Lewis go), but we will now see LBs and DBs coming off the edge and stunting up the middle for pressure. Leave the Trgo views of defense dead and buried in the past. Meeks showed that he can do this.

What does that mean then? It implies to me that your are saying Lewis is a run stuffer. I'm just asking.....

Archived