• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you have faith in Dwayne Jarrett's ability to step up next season?

SmootsDaddy89

well, I had hope for him to step up/break out/etc last season and he just didn't do it.

at this point there's zero reason to have hope in his ability to become anything more than he is: a pedestrian WR who can't be depended on to significantly impact games. maybe changing the offense around a bit without moose around next season will put him in position to make catches that matter more often than this past season. maybe not. at this point i'm just going to assume he'll be inactive for at least half the games, and maybe be good for a key 3rd down catch or two in the games where he's not inactive. maybe he'll surprise us. at this point i'm prepared to ignore his "potential" and let myself be surprised if that happens.

QB's would throw to you more if you could get, you know, open.

rep. i hate the argument that Jarrett's numbers are bad because he's never thrown to. nobody's going to throw to you if you run awful routes and you're never open.

Jarrett didn't even play in 3/5 of Moore's starts last year. And one of them he was only in for like seven offensive snaps.

But, in the one game where Jarrett DID get some playing time with Moore, he did as much as Muhammad did in any game last season with 1/3 as many snaps.

I'd love to see him do well, but even in his 3rd, THIRD year he still can't figure out how to get separation. People say well he did well and got that TD at the end of the season, I'll take that and respond with "Even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."

If they cut him, I wouldn't really care as I don't see much potential in him. There are undrafted free agents that can NOT get separation and catch a football. The only upside to him at the moment is he is dirt cheap, so it's not going to hurt giving him a try in training camp.

Archived