• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Canes Acquire Jake Guentzel

4 minutes ago, CarolinaWillRise said:

Nikishin IMO will be a superstar by year two under no circumstances would I trade him! Keep in mind Morrow isn't even a signed prospect....

Also I wouldn't call Vegas getting Jack Eichel not getting a superstar l.

Eichel wasn’t a rental, he was in the early part of an 8 year contract and was acquired at the beginning of the season.

Trading Morrow for a rental only makes sense if he told Carolina he won’t sign with them. Which I don’t know why he would because he’d have a great shot at being on the bottom pair next year.

• Pie 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Eichel wasn’t a rental, he was in the early part of an 8 year contract and was acquired at the beginning of the season.

Trading Morrow for a rental only makes sense if he told Carolina he won’t sign with them. Which I don’t know why he would because he’d have a great shot at being on the bottom pair next year.

No guarantee he's gonna be a rental though that no permission given just means Pitt hadn't allowed contract discussions yet at that time..... 

I like Morrow it wouldn't shock me if he did say that being anther Harvard guy... either way if we win a cup it's a win no matter what they traded.... I'm all aboard 

Just now, CarolinaWillRise said:

No guarantee he's gonna be a rental though that no permission given just means Pitt hadn't allowed contract discussions yet at that time..... 

I like Morrow it wouldn't shock me if he did say that being anther Harvard guy... either way if we win a cup it's a win no matter what they traded.... I'm all aboard 

Right but I don’t think you can make deals off of if’s. I’d want an extension before giving up a 50 point winger, an offensive-defensive prospect with top four potential, and an early round draft pick.

We either need to win the Cup or Guentzel needs to re-sign in order for a trade that consists of Bunting, Morrow, and a pick to be considered successful.

Losing in the second round and then losing Guentzel would be a disaster.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Details starting to come in:

Carolina Receives: Jake Guentzel (un-signed)

Pittsburgh Received: Michael Bunting, Scott Morrow, a 2nd round pick, and an unnamed prospect

Absolute steal from Wads.  We got to keep our big gun prospects that haven’t done anything yet for us. Great job!!

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Details starting to come in:

Carolina Receives: Jake Guentzel (un-signed)

Pittsburgh Received: Michael Bunting, Scott Morrow, a 2nd round pick, and an unnamed prospect

That is way too much. We are getting fleeced if that’s true. 

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Some speculation that Jackson Blake is also in the deal which I’d hate. He was one of the best college hockey players this year.

Who cares at this point. We got an elite player that can score goals and help us win a cup. It’s about Gotdamn time we did it. Let’s go win us a cup with a proven player vs stashing unproven hope for the future. 

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Hahahahahahahah. No way dude!   We owned this trade. We haven’t had a 100 point guy since 2006 Eric Staal. We just got one.  Time to ride! 

Guentzel is not a 100 point player. I don’t even think he’s an 80 point player on the Canes. Probably 60’s-70’s. And we never see that if he doesn’t re-sign.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1