• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton dropping nuggets: most execs say the jury is still out on Bryce

1 hour ago, strato said:

There was something else too. Can’t put my finger on how to explain it. 

I don’t consider myself any kind of QB expert for good reason. So I can’t or would never say I know this or that guy is clearly going top be great in the NFL. I knew Stroud could throw NFL throws. He had the size.

That’s where my expertise stops. A bunch of guys look the part to someone like me.

I will say this, I KNEW Bryce Young was not Stroud. I seriously doubted his arm strength and saw nothing else special. That’s about it. 

Same. Everyone points to his Georgia game as the game that sold them on him being an elite QB, but I still think that Utah bowl game the previous year was the best I saw him look at QB. I know Utah's defense was far worse than Georgia's, but the pinpoint throws he made that game despite his defense not being able to stop a nosebleed and the run game being just mediocre had me sold on him then.

Like I said, there is no way I would have called him OROY and looking like he did (was on a HOF trajectory his first year).

But I know the floor of what I am looking at on the surface. Like watching a guy throw. That is kind of the easy part (and we really fuged it up[) 

Stroud's physical tools and measureables were for sure adequate. Bryce Young’s were questionable. Leaning towards the side of ‘no’. It was only that not some great insight ability. I can’t do NFL QB nuance.