• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prioritizing Needs as of 3/14 at 10 AM

MHS831

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

yes, Depth is going to be our problem.  We can get competitive with 22, but 53?

Wholeheartedly agree, been our Achilles heel for years. Hoping that we can get a legit enough 22 out there to be able to focus on depth next off season, you know the right way to rebuild.

34 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I like to see people who know what they have after days 1 and 2. 

Zinter is recovering from that injury, but we would not need him right away.  A steal there.

Wiley is a player they have met with,  and he will be there later.

But what I liked is Tommy Eichenberg.  I noticed him last year in a game I was watching with my brother-in-law, an OSU alumni and a chiropractor in Columbus.  He knows the Buckeyes.  I told him, "I like that Eichenberg LB.  He said that they are high on him, but he has done little so far.  in 2023 he had like 120 tackles.  He would be a great backup who can possibly replace Thompson in 2025.

agreed about wiley. he was sitting there, though, and i knew i wanted him and took a shot at him then when i probably could have taken estime. they were pretty close together on the board i was looking at. in fact wiley might been a little later than estime. the problem i had was that there were more RBs i liked than TEs so i figured i'd better grab him while i had the chance. 

i REALLY like Sanders and i think he's much more of a sure thing than Wiley. Taking him then would absolutely not be a mistake. we could still get a really good WR after that, like you did with Pearsall. 

Aladepo is a DB i like much in the same way i do Kalen King. Just this tough as nails aggressive guy back there making lives miserable for the offense. 

And Eichenberg is one of those guys that i keep coming back to. i just think he really fits the mold of panther LB we "grew up" with here. There's a few other LBs i like a lot, but i think he's very underrated. i hope he stays that way so we can grab him later.

what i find myself drawn to, and i really hope Morgan & co. are these guys with a lot of fire and fight in them. 

i think where we fugged up the past half dozen years is this analytics poo where we looked for guys with certain measurables and RAS scores thinking we could outsmart everyone and field a team of top notch athletes. just because you're a great athlete, though, doesn't mean you're a tough football guy. 

Fitt was an analytics guy. rhule sat on the couch with a bag of cheetos watching moneyball and ted lasso and considered that training for coaching. i think reich was just a nice likeable old guy who tried to make everyone happy but didn't have a clue what he was doing. 

now we've got a GM who knows what a real football player is and has the freedom to build with player he knows will make an impact, not guys we take a huge gamble on because of their RAS scores thinking that we might find a way to make use of their talent if we can ever figure it out (Chinn). This we are seeing in action.

Lots of things remain to be seen in Canales, but if Morgan is as right about his pick of HC as he seems to be with his picks of players, i think we might be on to something good.

• Pie 2