• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone feel like we are playing the 03 Rams again.

Snake

As long as this game has the same ending I don't care what team we are playing, it would be nice to see us beat them with that "X-Clown" play where Smitty caught the game winning TD pass.

Oh hell no unless it happens late in the second quarter. I want a nice cruise control win no drama.

Don't even use the 2003 Rams and the Cardinals in the same breath.

The Rams were one of the most explosive and top teams in the league.

The Cardinals are a punchline in a sad joke.

They were 8-8 in the God Awful NFC West for Christ's sake.

They beat some of the worst teams in the league.

SF twice...both times before Singletary took over and they sucked bad

Miami....most overrated team in the league. Were exposed as a joke by Baltimore

Buffalo...once they started imploding

Dallas...during the stellar Brad Johnson era

SL...Twice...2nd worse team in the league

Seattle...twice...challenging SL for 2nd worse team in the league

What a joke....any other division and you would have been 3rd place at best.

They gave us a hard time at home and beat the Falcons,they are no cakewalk!

This is the playoffs. Regular season really doesn't matter. Teams are different in the playoffs as we saw last week in Arizona.

Not really AZ has always been good at there house and ATL has sucked on the road this year. I mean we owned the Falcons when they played at our house but they did the same when we were in there house. Let ATL host the Cards and its a different story.

Arizona is a very good team at their house and very mediocre on the road. We are very good at our house and mediocre on the road. Fortunately this game is our house and that is why we will win. Our 12th man will be very important to the defense in particular. They will need all the support we can give them!!!

Yea the way you dominated the Lions 31-22, the Raiders 17-6 and the Packers 35-31 were impressive. Our strength of schedules were identical at 119-137, although we had five road games back east were we played teams with a combined record of 50-22 :reddevil:

I agree, but those 100 yards were on 14 carries or 7.1 yards per carry, and considering that edge had touched the ball 8 times since the Carolina game, I would consider it an improvement. I have been at the last two games, and just let me tell you that I haven't seen Edge run like this since he has been in Arizona. He has a big chip on his shoulder. He looks faster, he is running outside and making people miss, something he hasn't done in awhile. He is a different back, and if he gets going Saturday night, it's going to open up our passing game even more.

You guys are 9.5 favorites and we are travelling east and playing a team that has beat us the past 5 meetings. That's a huge hill to climb. Two weeks ago we had zero running game, but have been decent since Edge has let out of the dog house. If we win, it's going to be through the air, all I am saying is that your defensive game plan must now account for a much improved running game.

The Panthers went 12-4 with that schedule, the Cardinals went 9-7.

Just a few interesting facts from the Cardinals newsletter

THIS SEASON THE CARDINALS ARE:

7-2 in home games (not relevant)

6-1 in games played indoors (Not relevant)

Panthers are 8-0 at home (very relevant)

8-0 in games they are leading after the third quarter

9-0 in game they break even or hold an advantage in the turnover battle (This will be the key to the game)

Panthers are 12-0 in games they went on to win (about as relevant as those stats)

Originally Posted by Gum View Post

Just a few interesting facts from the Cardinals newsletter

THIS SEASON THE CARDINALS ARE:

7-2 in home games (not relevant)

6-1 in games played indoors (Not relevant)

Originally Posted by Gum View Post

8-0 in games they are leading after the third quarter

9-0 in game they break even or hold an advantage in the turnover battle (This will be the key to the game)

Panthers are 12-0 in games they went on to win (about as relevant as those stats)
:rofl: I would rep you if we had reps.

The whole east coast theme, in my humble opinion, is based on a traditional game time of 1:00 pm eastern time. The Cards bodies are out of sync. A later 8:00 pm game time would benefit the Cards.

Home field advantage is huge. Also, it has been raining all week here with rain scheduled again for Saturday night. Weather could be a huge factor in offensive play calling. A sloppy field would benefit our surging running game.

As a true panthers fan, I am worried about the Cards. However, with an undefeated home record in the playoffs and an undefeated home record in the 2008 season, my money is on the panthers. The Panthers seem to step it up on all sides of the ball in the playoffs.

Opinion at best.

Seeing as you did not provide many facts in your post why should I believe your opinion.

Why believe facts?

Romo played the game against AZ.

AZ was 6-0 in the NFC west, not 8-8. AZ finished the regular season 9-7, not 8-8. Shoulda been 8-8 (9ers shoulda won that game under Sing but coulda shoulda woulda).

My favorite fact though, is

Panthers are 12-0 in games they went on to win.

Lmao that is a FUN FACT. Poor Cardinals are 0-7 in games they went on to lose. If you look at it that way, AZ doesn't stand a chance. I mean, how can an 0-7 team compete with a 12-0 team? :)

Conversely, Panthers are 0-4 in games they went on to lose, and AZ is 10-0 in games they went on to win.

Hmmmm....

Carolina minus 10? Bet the double wide AND the F150 AND the ATV w/trailer AND the Big Screen TV!

Archived