• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cats' MOD Change?

Hotsauce

I know KT is the Mod, but I feel like someone else should take his place.

I have been following the Cats forum for quite some time, and now it seems every single thread is all about race. I am sick of it, honestly, the Cats are on the verge of getting somewhere they have never been, and I want to talk about that. It seems threads get off topic, because KT begins accusing people of being racist, and that rowdys everyone up! He should post his thoughts in Smack (or Tinderbox), where it belongs.

Secondly, there was a name change thread, that aside from it getting off track (racism), its overall message was interesting....changing the Bobcats name. I still feel this is a great topic, however, I can post on that thread because its LOCKED! (and future threads get locked/deleted) To me, it seems KT's motives do not seem to support the greater good of the Cats....

Is it just me, or am I the only one?

So I am posing this question....

Is it possible that we vote King Taharga out as the MOD?

My replacement vote would be RadioKiller, because he seems to be unbiased, and supports the Cats.:smash:

Secondly, there was a name change thread, that aside from it getting off track (racism), its overall message was interesting....changing the Bobcats name. I still feel this is a great topic, however, I can post on that thread because its LOCKED! (and future threads get locked/deleted) To me, it seems KT's motives do not seem to support the greater good of the Cats....

Is it just me, or am I the only one?

The name change thread was locked because it basically just became a "spam" thread for the Charlotte Observer. I advised posters to just create a new thread anytime a new article appears. No one's done it yet, but you're more than welcome next time the Observer creates a new "name change" article. I scour the internet hours upon hours everyday looking for articles about the Bobcats and yet the only place a "name change" was discussed was on the Observer's website to draw blog hits to it. I felt at the time the CHARLOTTE BOBCATS were in the middle of a playoff run was not the appropriate time to contemplate erasing the legacy the team has been trying to build. Its still discussed over there on their forum if you want to discuss it. And racism is very much apart of the "name change" discussion whether you want to admit it or not.

You do realize without me bitching to Zod 5 years ago, there's a great chance this forum wouldnt even be in here? Yet because I go at the Charlotte Observer and voice the concerns of Bobcats fans Im no longer capable of being a mod? In 5 years in this forum I have closed 2 threads, 1 being the "name change" thread, the other the "ex-bobcats" thread which I quickly re-opened in moved to the Tinderbox. Compared to the other mods on this board the past 5 years, thats light duty. And no matter how passionately I objected to someone on this forum Ive never had them banned or even asked for them to banned. While I welcome anyone to support your movement if they feel the need, I challenge anyone on this board to name a poster who's contributed more to this forum than me.

So once again, the Charlotte mentality, if we dont like what you're saying we want to "vote you out" or "ban" you. I think thats why so much animosity over Bob Johnson, there was no one to "vote him out" or tell him "no you cant do that" and its built up resentment. If I had to black out Jerry Richardson to root for the Panthers, I would feel very conflicted.

And racism is very much apart of the "name change" discussion whether you want to admit it or not.

BS!! People want the name change because it a terrible name for a team & the fact it was named after BJ's first name. Racism has nothing to do with wanting name change. They just want a better name that isn't named after an owner. You won't admit that instead. :rolleyes:

Archived