• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

95% chance one of these things will happen.

unicar15

I remember having the same sort of conversation the year we picked Jarrett. Lets think about the receivers that this regime has taken after the first round. Other than Smitty we have Jarrett, Colbert and Carter. I mean...not exactly a lot of hits there. There is a reason that some of these guys are projected 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders. Its because THEY AREN'T AS GOOD. I'm sick of picking guys and them having 20 catches for 150 yards on the season. Its just as joke...get someone that is legit or make a trade. They need to stop thinking they can just get value picks like we did with Steve Smith. It doesn't work that way...he is the exception, not the rule.

you ever consider that maybe jake was the problem and not the wrs?

Jeremy Williams...period. Sleeper, could be available in the 5th if we trade up for a 5th.

Some of those highlights made him look bad..lol but from what I understand thats apart of the design to throw a lot of short passes in there offense..but he went down on first contact with a lot those passes I saw

you ever consider that maybe jake was the problem and not the wrs?

I actually did consider it...I'm not a Jake fan by any means. BUT, Colbert has flopped with other teams as has Drew Carter. If either of them were any good they could have made a name for themselves with other teams. Neither one did so I have to conclude that its more them than it was Jake.

I just think there are certain positions you don't draft in the first round (OG, C, TE, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE) and there are certain positions you tend to have a lot of success with in the first round (DE, CB, S, WR). Obviously, if you know what you are doing with certain positions you can find good ones and develop them. The Fox regime's forte has always been with DBs, DL, and OL (more recently). They haven't exactly had a lot of success with WR and QB. Therefore, they need to look for guys with more talent to work with.

I also think that there are two can't miss prospects in this year's WR crop (Tate and Bryant). We probably won't get either because they are both going in the first round but my other hope is that we at least have talks with the Broncos about Brandon Marshall. We have a new, young QB that needs a lot of targets. He can't look at Steve Smith every time and right now Steve is the only legit option we have at WR. IMO it is by far the most glaring need for our team.

However, I will say that the 2011 class has ridiculous talent at a few positions. Green, Jones, and Floyd are all coming out at the WR position. Locker and Luck will both be in the QB class. Not planning ahead already for 2011 but that is one reason I wouldn't trade to get into 2010 first round...a lot more talent in 2011 IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived