• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

95% chance one of these things will happen.

unicar15

1. Trade into the top 20 and take either Golden Tate or Dez Bryant.

2. I'm not as sold as some are that McCoy is going to be a top 5 pick. I think he could fall if some of these teams are looking for something different. Maybe they fall in love with the OTs, Eric Berry, or the QBs. I think that he COULD fall pretty far if the Seahawks don't take him. If that is the case expect there to be a scramble to get into the Browns' or Raiders' spots. I'd think we would be one of the teams heavily involved in that trade.

Could go something like this:

1. Bradford

2. Okung

3. Suh

4. Clausen

5. Bulaga

6. Campbell

7. Berry

8. Raiders don't see an OT they want/need so they try to trade out.

3. Wait to see if the Broncos take Dez Bryant and if they do...offer them our 2nd rounder this year (and maybe another pick next year) for Brandon Marshall. On the same note...we could wait until after the draft is over and offer them a few picks next year for Marshall. Either way, if they pick Bryant I expect us to be somewhere near the Marshall talks.

If Gerald McCoy is available to Seattle, then they'll take him because they have no one on their D-line. they'll take someone like Charles Brown(Pete Carroll-USC player) or Anthony Davis with their other pick. Raiders will take Campbell. they way it's looking, the Dolphins are going to take Dez Bryant unless the Broncos trade up ahead of them. The Dolphins could take someone like Derrick Morgan or Pierre-Paul to be a rush linebacker for them, or even Cody or Williams. if Bryant gets picked by the Broncos, I can't see many teams that should take a WR in the 1st besides the Jets and maybe Cowgirls. at the top of the 2nd however there are about 4-5 teams that need a WR. bottom line...TRADE UP for Tate/Benn.

The idea of trading up for any one of these receivers sets off every alarm bell I have.

I agree but the fact that Smitty has been so vocal this season about getting that other big time receiver makes me think we are either going to target one of the top two from the draft or Brandon Marshall. My preference would be Marshall (I think everyone would prefer Marshall). But I would also rather set off an alarm bell to take Tate or Bryant than go into next season with Steve Smith as our only good receiver.

I'm not worried about "maturity" issues with these two guys because:

A. I think that Bryant is talented enough that as long as he has a work ethic he'll be a pro bowler in 3-5 years. Essentially the only thing that could stop him is prison...and IDT he's that stupid.

B. Golden Tate seems like exactly the type of football player I'd want. He's talented, but also knows that he has to work hard to get where he wants. He was willing to switch from RB to WR at Notre Dame to help the team...you don't see that very often with guys that have NFL careers ahead of them. He just seems like a great player as well as a guy who gets it.

The last can't miss WR that really was can't miss was Calvin Johnson. I'd be willing to trade up for someone like that. Too much risk for these to trade up that far, especially when you have a chance of still getting someone fairly good in the 2nd.

i would like us to trade up like we did last year. get and earlier 2nd round pick and an extra somewhere else (4th round).

i wouldn't be opposed to us trading down for a couple more picks but i more see us trading up.

btw...i don't necessarily see us getting a WR with that earlier pick but i would like us to use one of the 2nds on a WR.

DO NOT TRADE TO MOVE UP!

Okay, I know it is extremely rude to scream, but come on. There is a reason we don't have a #1 pick this year. If we move more picks in a trade, we have less picks (obviously). A team doesn't 'hit' on every pick, so having multiple picks is important to developing a team.

We have been in cap trouble because of high $ FAs & moving to the top of round 1 would be the same thing.

I feel we should stay where we are. We do not need Tate & certainly shouldn't move up as high as it would take to get Bryant (he does not have the self-discipline to take that risk, IMO). There are guys out there who could take over the #1 slot by mid year in the 2nd & 3rd rounds.

lol...lot's of people are going to be flipping out when hurney trades next year's first.

you know he's going to try to do it. it isn't that big of a deal.

There are 2 reasons I wouldn't want to do it:

1. If Moore ends up flopping I want to have a 1st rounder that we could use to get a QB.

2. Under the new CBA there could be a rookie salary cap. That means that a first round pick is like gold. Imagine getting Sam Bradford or Suh for 3 or 4 years and paying them a quarter of what it would cost to pay them now. No more 70 million dollar contracts for unproven rookies...

Archived