• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember when?

NanceUSMC

you do realize that hurney is really only good at drafting in the 1st round, and sucks at drafting the QB and WR positions don't you?

Drew Carter?

Dewayne Jarrett?

Keary Colbert?

Stefan LeFores?

Ryne Robinson?

I'm pretty sure when a team looks to draft a QB or a WR and they have their picks narrowed down to two players, they call up ol' marty boy and ask him who he'd choose, then they take the other guy.

All but Jarrett and Robinson on that list were drafted prior to Don Gregory coming on board. And in truth, Robinson was looking pretty good prior to the big injury.

This thread is pointless...list some 3rd rounders and below.

Ex: Corvey Irvin - Redshirted

Witherspoon was a 3rd... Wesley was a 4th... Gaines wasn't bad for a 7th rounder... Hangartner was a 5th... Rosario was a 5th... King was a 5th... Munnerlyn a 7th...

Witherspoon was a 3rd... Wesley was a 4th... Gaines wasn't bad for a 7th rounder... Hangartner was a 5th... Rosario was a 5th... King was a 5th... Munnerlyn a 7th...

Yes...and he had alot of busts too

Dwayne Jarrett for a 2nd, Eric Shelton for a 2nd, Bruce Nelson for a 2nd, Randy Fasani in the 5th, 2nd for Keary Colbert, 5th Drew Carter, 3rd Attiyah Ellison, etc.

No offense, but I was saying this thread is pointless because we're only good consistenly in the 1st round. We all know this. Our draft history with WRs and QBs are horrible. So you can't blame people for not trusting Hurney on this...

I want to hear from the haters out there... Thought I'd toss out a few blasts from the past...

Who was pissed of when:

Panthers select RB Jonathan Stewart: WTH?!?! Hurney should be hung! We needed an OL, we already have a RB! This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of... That's it, I'm going to go back to pulling for the Redskins, at least they're willing to open up the checkbook and sign GOOD people... Mark my words, they will win the SB this year while we suck...

Panthers select OT Jeff Otah: OMGWTH???? What are we thinking?!?!?! We traded a first round pick for him??? I mean, I know we need an OT, but trading a first round pick? Insane... That's it, I'm a Cowboys fan...

Panthers select LB Jon Beason: Is this a joke? What a f'ing reach! We have good LBs, we didn't need him... We needed a WR! OMG... Screw this, I'm going to pull for New England... (One guy actually WALKED OUT of my draft party over this pick lol)

Panthers select WR Dwayne Jarret: Finally our franchise WR! Maybe I won't have to pull for New England after all... But I still think Hurney sucks for the Beason pick... What was he thinking?

Panthers select OL Ryan Kahlil: Horrible pick! He would have been there in another 2 rounds... Kiper is an idiot for thinking this guy is worth a second rounder... I can't believe we traded up to get him... I'm going out now to buy a new TV, my old one has a shoe in it...

Panthers select DE Charles Johnson: What the f!!!! I just get back from getting my new TV, and we've taken this clown? We already have 2 DEs! Peppers is a beast, where's this guy going to play??? OMG... I'm going to have a stroke!

Panthers select RB DeAngelo Williams: Small program RB in the first round??? Welcome to mediocrity! I give him a year at best... Fox and Hurney are idiots... Richardson won't stand for this schite... Besides, we have Foster and Shelton who will be a stud soon... Horrible pick, F-minus!

Panthers select DB Richard Marshall: Seriously? We took somebody from Fresno State?? LOLS! HAHAHA! I knew this would happen... Where's my Jets jersey???

Panthers select S Thomas Davis: I know he's a good football player, but what are we thinking?? We needed a RB to replace Davis... I just don't understand this pick... Does anyone in the front office pay attention to the Huddle? Horrible pick... He'll be out of the league by Thursday...

Panthers select RB Eric Shelton: We should've taken this guy in Rnd 1... We're damn lucky he's still on the board... He'll be our RB for the next decade... Great pick...

Panthers select CB Chris Gamble: I can't believe we took him with so many other quality, SMARTER DBs on the board still... I mean, this guy scored a NINE on the Wonderlick test! He won't be able to grasp the defense... HORRIBLE pick by a staff that has had their head up their ass for years... Go Niners!

Panthers select OT Jordan Gross: I'm not going to blow a gasket, because I know Gross is a good player, but there are good tackles available later in the draft... We could have had our franchise QB with Leftwich and got a solid starting LT in round 3 or 4... I give this selection a D+... Hurney is an idiot...

Panthers select DE Julius Peppers: I'm not liking this... We will never be able to sign him to the bonus he wants... Holdout here we come! Can't believe we didn't take our QB of the future Harrington here... Besides, we have Rucker, we don't need Peppers! They play the same side! We really blew this one... C-... Hurney is an idiot...

Now, this would be a funny thread, if all the above weren't TRUE... So, raise your hands, those of you still in attendance, if you were among the panic stricken I've pointed out... Don't make me call you out, I remember who you are....

My point is, it's been NINE Fox/Hurney drafts, and overall things have worked out pretty well... Just because we amatuers don't like Claussen or LaFell or Edwards, I'm going to guarantee that NONE of us have watched the amount of film, or done the amount of research on these players that the Front Office has done... How about we reserve judgement on things until they've had a chance to play out? Typically things aren't anywhere NEAR as horrible as the Huddle wants to make them out to be... Year in, year out...

Or, you could go dust off your Warner Rams jersey...

Out of that entire list only T.Davis was a WTF pick. Not many people complained about the rest of that list. I dont know how this compares to Armanti Edwards.

Yes...and he had alot of busts too

Dwayne Jarrett for a 2nd, Eric Shelton for a 2nd, Bruce Nelson for a 2nd, Randy Fasani in the 5th, 2nd for Keary Colbert, 5th Drew Carter, 3rd Attiyah Ellison, etc.

No offense, but I was saying this thread is pointless because we're only good consistenly in the 1st round. We all know this. Our draft history with WRs and QBs are horrible. So you can't blame people for not trusting Hurney on this...

Don't know that I agree on anything beyond a 3rd rounder qualifying as a bust... And I don't disagree with you, there have been PLENTY of Day One selections that haven't worked out... My point is, that EVERY YEAR, the roof gets blown off the Huddle because people think they know best... We will hit on some selections, and miss on some selections, the same as every team in the league... But going strictly by % and the number of players we have drafted that are starting, and producing at a high level, I'll go with out Front Office over 90% of the leagues others... People seem to think that each pick has to be a home run, and it would be GREAT if they all worked out that way... But it just isn't realistic... Do I think it could be better? Sure, of course... But it could be (and has been) much, much worse... And in the end, the VAST majority of the time, it's nowhere near as bad as people generally panic it out to be here on the board...

Out of that entire list only T.Davis was a WTF pick. Not many people complained about the rest of that list. I dont know how this compares to Armanti Edwards.

You don't remember people complaining and the sky falling on this board every year? lol How long have you been watching drafts online with the Huddle?

These weren't MY feelings... These were the things being tossed and brandied around the Huddle in each of these drafts...

Oh jeez do I remember the fallout over Stewart... believe it. If you think think Hurney is bad you need to compare his record to other GMs around the league. He's a solid draft day GM. That said the Edwards pick is a head scratcher.

Archived