• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember when?

NanceUSMC

I want to hear from the haters out there... Thought I'd toss out a few blasts from the past...

Who was pissed of when:

Panthers select RB Jonathan Stewart: WTH?!?! Hurney should be hung! We needed an OL, we already have a RB! This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of... That's it, I'm going to go back to pulling for the Redskins, at least they're willing to open up the checkbook and sign GOOD people... Mark my words, they will win the SB this year while we suck...

Panthers select OT Jeff Otah: OMGWTH???? What are we thinking?!?!?! We traded a first round pick for him??? I mean, I know we need an OT, but trading a first round pick? Insane... That's it, I'm a Cowboys fan...

Panthers select LB Jon Beason: Is this a joke? What a f'ing reach! We have good LBs, we didn't need him... We needed a WR! OMG... Screw this, I'm going to pull for New England... (One guy actually WALKED OUT of my draft party over this pick lol)

Panthers select WR Dwayne Jarret: Finally our franchise WR! Maybe I won't have to pull for New England after all... But I still think Hurney sucks for the Beason pick... What was he thinking?

Panthers select OL Ryan Kahlil: Horrible pick! He would have been there in another 2 rounds... Kiper is an idiot for thinking this guy is worth a second rounder... I can't believe we traded up to get him... I'm going out now to buy a new TV, my old one has a shoe in it...

Panthers select DE Charles Johnson: What the f!!!! I just get back from getting my new TV, and we've taken this clown? We already have 2 DEs! Peppers is a beast, where's this guy going to play??? OMG... I'm going to have a stroke!

Panthers select RB DeAngelo Williams: Small program RB in the first round??? Welcome to mediocrity! I give him a year at best... Fox and Hurney are idiots... Richardson won't stand for this schite... Besides, we have Foster and Shelton who will be a stud soon... Horrible pick, F-minus!

Panthers select DB Richard Marshall: Seriously? We took somebody from Fresno State?? LOLS! HAHAHA! I knew this would happen... Where's my Jets jersey???

Panthers select S Thomas Davis: I know he's a good football player, but what are we thinking?? We needed a RB to replace Davis... I just don't understand this pick... Does anyone in the front office pay attention to the Huddle? Horrible pick... He'll be out of the league by Thursday...

Panthers select RB Eric Shelton: We should've taken this guy in Rnd 1... We're damn lucky he's still on the board... He'll be our RB for the next decade... Great pick...

Panthers select CB Chris Gamble: I can't believe we took him with so many other quality, SMARTER DBs on the board still... I mean, this guy scored a NINE on the Wonderlick test! He won't be able to grasp the defense... HORRIBLE pick by a staff that has had their head up their ass for years... Go Niners!

Panthers select OT Jordan Gross: I'm not going to blow a gasket, because I know Gross is a good player, but there are good tackles available later in the draft... We could have had our franchise QB with Leftwich and got a solid starting LT in round 3 or 4... I give this selection a D+... Hurney is an idiot...

Panthers select DE Julius Peppers: I'm not liking this... We will never be able to sign him to the bonus he wants... Holdout here we come! Can't believe we didn't take our QB of the future Harrington here... Besides, we have Rucker, we don't need Peppers! They play the same side! We really blew this one... C-... Hurney is an idiot...

Now, this would be a funny thread, if all the above weren't TRUE... So, raise your hands, those of you still in attendance, if you were among the panic stricken I've pointed out... Don't make me call you out, I remember who you are....

My point is, it's been NINE Fox/Hurney drafts, and overall things have worked out pretty well... Just because we amatuers don't like Claussen or LaFell or Edwards, I'm going to guarantee that NONE of us have watched the amount of film, or done the amount of research on these players that the Front Office has done... How about we reserve judgement on things until they've had a chance to play out? Typically things aren't anywhere NEAR as horrible as the Huddle wants to make them out to be... Year in, year out...

Or, you could go dust off your Warner Rams jersey...

Funny....the drama on this mb during the draft is priceless.

I didn't quite see this going the way it has but I am kind of excited to see them seriously looking at our deficiencies in the offense and special teams. We could have a few gold nuggets so far and I am willing to give the FO the benefit of the doubt.

I questioned the Jon Stewart pick when we had DeAngelo but they showed me it was worth it. I wasn't very excited due our lack of production during free agency but now....I am getting re-energized. If any of these guys lives up to their potential....we might be seeing this as a pivotal draft.

This is a really dumb thread. Of all the things listed in the original post, the only one I can remember that had a lot of traction were a lot of people jumping for joy that we picked Dwayne Jarrett. Most of the posters on this board thought we were Super Bowl bound when that pick was announced: "89! Keyshawn! Jarrett! Championship baby! Most elite receiving group in football!!!"

The rest never happened or are being wildly exaggerated in terms of the number of people that said those things.

you do realize that hurney is really only good at drafting in the 1st round, and sucks at drafting the QB and WR positions don't you?

Drew Carter?

Dewayne Jarrett?

Keary Colbert?

Stefan LeFores?

Ryne Robinson?

I'm pretty sure when a team looks to draft a QB or a WR and they have their picks narrowed down to two players, they call up ol' marty boy and ask him who he'd choose, then they take the other guy.

I want to hear from the haters out there... Thought I'd toss out a few blasts from the past...

Who was pissed of when:

Panthers select RB Jonathan Stewart: WTH?!?! Hurney should be hung! We needed an OL, we already have a RB! This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of... That's it, I'm going to go back to pulling for the Redskins, at least they're willing to open up the checkbook and sign GOOD people... Mark my words, they will win the SB this year while we suck...

Panthers select OT Jeff Otah: OMGWTH???? What are we thinking?!?!?! We traded a first round pick for him??? I mean, I know we need an OT, but trading a first round pick? Insane... That's it, I'm a Cowboys fan...

Panthers select LB Jon Beason: Is this a joke? What a f'ing reach! We have good LBs, we didn't need him... We needed a WR! OMG... Screw this, I'm going to pull for New England... (One guy actually WALKED OUT of my draft party over this pick lol)

Panthers select WR Dwayne Jarret: Finally our franchise WR! Maybe I won't have to pull for New England after all... But I still think Hurney sucks for the Beason pick... What was he thinking?

Panthers select OL Ryan Kahlil: Horrible pick! He would have been there in another 2 rounds... Kiper is an idiot for thinking this guy is worth a second rounder... I can't believe we traded up to get him... I'm going out now to buy a new TV, my old one has a shoe in it...

Panthers select DE Charles Johnson: What the f!!!! I just get back from getting my new TV, and we've taken this clown? We already have 2 DEs! Peppers is a beast, where's this guy going to play??? OMG... I'm going to have a stroke!

Panthers select RB DeAngelo Williams: Small program RB in the first round??? Welcome to mediocrity! I give him a year at best... Fox and Hurney are idiots... Richardson won't stand for this schite... Besides, we have Foster and Shelton who will be a stud soon... Horrible pick, F-minus!

Panthers select DB Richard Marshall: Seriously? We took somebody from Fresno State?? LOLS! HAHAHA! I knew this would happen... Where's my Jets jersey???

Panthers select S Thomas Davis: I know he's a good football player, but what are we thinking?? We needed a RB to replace Davis... I just don't understand this pick... Does anyone in the front office pay attention to the Huddle? Horrible pick... He'll be out of the league by Thursday...

Panthers select RB Eric Shelton: We should've taken this guy in Rnd 1... We're damn lucky he's still on the board... He'll be our RB for the next decade... Great pick...

Panthers select CB Chris Gamble: I can't believe we took him with so many other quality, SMARTER DBs on the board still... I mean, this guy scored a NINE on the Wonderlick test! He won't be able to grasp the defense... HORRIBLE pick by a staff that has had their head up their ass for years... Go Niners!

Panthers select OT Jordan Gross: I'm not going to blow a gasket, because I know Gross is a good player, but there are good tackles available later in the draft... We could have had our franchise QB with Leftwich and got a solid starting LT in round 3 or 4... I give this selection a D+... Hurney is an idiot...

Panthers select DE Julius Peppers: I'm not liking this... We will never be able to sign him to the bonus he wants... Holdout here we come! Can't believe we didn't take our QB of the future Harrington here... Besides, we have Rucker, we don't need Peppers! They play the same side! We really blew this one... C-... Hurney is an idiot...

Now, this would be a funny thread, if all the above weren't TRUE... So, raise your hands, those of you still in attendance, if you were among the panic stricken I've pointed out... Don't make me call you out, I remember who you are....

My point is, it's been NINE Fox/Hurney drafts, and overall things have worked out pretty well... Just because we amatuers don't like Claussen or LaFell or Edwards, I'm going to guarantee that NONE of us have watched the amount of film, or done the amount of research on these players that the Front Office has done... How about we reserve judgement on things until they've had a chance to play out? Typically things aren't anywhere NEAR as horrible as the Huddle wants to make them out to be... Year in, year out...

Or, you could go dust off your Warner Rams jersey...

i have done the WTF before but never bashed our Front Office. Most of ou picks have been good. I posted in another thread this following stat.

Since 2005 we have drafted 42 players, 27 are still on the team, 10 are with other teams and only 5 are out of the league. The only other team that has less out of the league is the N.Y. Giants and they only have 2. Some teams are in the 20's of the number of players out of the league.

That is a huge tribute to their knowledge of NFL type players. While I may scratch my head over who we choose. I am all in. I trust their wisdom and Balls to pull triggers alot of you folks won't. Stop being so conservative and believe in our Front Office. I DO!!!

Go Panthers

This is a really dumb thread. Of all the things listed in the original post, the only one I can remember that had a lot of traction were a lot of people jumping for joy that we picked Dwayne Jarrett. Most of the posters on this board thought we were Super Bowl bound when that pick was announced: "89! Keyshawn! Jarrett! Championship baby! Most elite receiving group in football!!!"

The rest never happened or are being wildly exaggerated in terms of the number of people that said those things.

On the contrary... Those things most certainly DID happen... I had one HUDDLER walk out of my draft party over Beason... These are true...

you do realize that hurney is really only good at drafting in the 1st round, and sucks at drafting the QB and WR positions don't you?

Drew Carter?

Dewayne Jarrett?

Keary Colbert?

Stefan LeFores?

Ryne Robinson?

I'm pretty sure when a team looks to draft a QB or a WR and they have their picks narrowed down to two players, they call up ol' marty boy and ask him who he'd choose, then they take the other guy.

Only good at the first round? I can't agree with ya on that one bud... Witherspoon was a 3rd... Wesley was a 4th... Gaines wasn't bad for a 7th rounder... Hangartner was a 5th... Rosario was a 5th... King was a 5th... Munnerlyn a 7th...

Of course, the success rate of later round picks goes down exponentially, but I believe we've done quite well in the middle to late rounds, all things considered... Of course there are 'busts', but can you really call a 4th round QB or a 5th round WR a bust if they don't work out? If that's the case, peruse every teams draft history and look at the ones they took in rounds 3-7 that didn't pan out... The success rate for NFL Draft picks lasting more than 3 years in the league is well under 50%... Now take a look at the current Panthers roster, and at how many of them the team actually drafted... That's an excellent percentage, to have that many stick around and contribute...

i have done the wtf before but never bashed our front office. Most of ou picks have been good. I posted in another thread this following stat.

Since 2005 we have drafted 42 players, 27 are still on the team, 10 are with other teams and only 5 are out of the league. The only other team that has less out of the league is the n.y. Giants and they only have 2. Some teams are in the 20's of the number of players out of the league.

That is a huge tribute to their knowledge of nfl type players. While i may scratch my head over who we choose. I am all in. I trust their wisdom and balls to pull triggers alot of you folks won't. Stop being so conservative and believe in our front office. I do!!!

Go panthers

qft...

the only one i didnt like was stewart.

I was saying foster was a piece of sh1t for like 2 years when they drafted deangelo. Soon as they drafted him I knew we had a beast. I used to switch foster out for deangelo in madden :)

Archived