• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PGA - Quail Hollow Thread

Darth Biscuit

Since it's a "local" tournament and since I will be there... I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread.

Looks like the field is going to be pretty good and we'll have good weather.

I'll be going up there tomorrow afternoon and will be working the tournament Friday and Saturday. If you get out to the tourney look me up... I'll be a marshal on #5

I don't know exactly where I'll be on that hole, but I'll probably move around some so just ask the other marshall's where Scott is.

I'll probably be there Sunday as a spectator unless they really need more help.

Don't get loud around there either or I'll throw your ass out... :D

Can you bring some weed?

In all seriousness please report back on crowd interaction with Tiger.

:lol: Yeah, I'll let you know... I don't expect there to be much, but this tournament is much less controlled than the Masters, so there may be some people who say something to him.

I'll be expecting the hot chicks in sundresses pics...you can PM them...thanks...

Dude, no doubt... It'll be tough this year, they are supposedly going to have metal detectors at the entrances, so it'll be much tougher to get a device in there. Last year they just half-assedly wanded people so there were a lot of phones and cameras on the grounds.

You'll just have to come see 'em for yourself.

you aren't allowed to bring a camera?

Not during during the actual tourny (Thurs-Sun). It would be a big distraction to hear a bunch of cameras taking pictures as you were going into your backswing.

Son and I would always go to the practice round on Tues or the Pro Am on Wed and take pictures/autographs. Got some great pics with Tiger and Jordan together when they played the pro am.

JR's right... that's a rule everywhere... it's a good rule too, those guys have to put up with a lot anyway, I can't imagine trying to play golf with 100 cameras snapping and flashing during every swing.

Even the pro photographers there have to watch it and not snap during the swing.

well...I think it's nuts! I understand fully that golf is as much as or even more of a mental sport than a physical sport...I get that...but the whole constantly be quiet and can't even take a picture...come on...thats nuts!

Maybe it would be more of a "sport" instead of a hobby if the people paying the big $$$ can make some noise and cheer their fans and poo. Seriously...what other "sport" do you have to be quiet at, other than a panther home game during wine and cheese hour.

It would also be cool if your opponents could block your ball from going into the cup or tackle you as you were about to take a swing ........... but that is just not how golf is played.....when someone is about to tee off, you are not allowed to speak and they even stop people in the area from walking. So not only can you not take a picture, but you aren't allowed to move.

Archived