• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dale Earnhardt Jr. back to the #3

Jackson 5

If arrangements go as planned, Dale Earnhardt Jr. will run the #3 Wrangler Chevrolet for JR Motorsports at Daytona in the Nationwide race on July 2.

Sources say that Earnhardt will revive his father's famous #3 in a collaborative effort initiated by JR Motorsports with Richard Childress Racing and Dale Earnhardt Inc.

A formal announcement is expected on April 29. According to team sources, a Hendrick Motorsports engine will power the car. Earnhardt Jr. currently has a personal services contract with Wrangler, continuing a family legacy between the brands.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/29/nns-earnhardt-drive-wrangler/

• 2 months later...

That was great for him and everyone else involved.

And I think I heard them say the 3 was done except for Childress's kids running it in trucks and something else?

you heard right

It was Earnhardt's third time driving the No. 3 since his father's death, and he said this week he wouldn't do it again -- which he reiterated from Victory Lane.

"This is it. No more 3 for me," he said.

more at www.cbssports.com under racing. browser doesn't want to give me the exact address.

What a f**king surprise that Jr pulls off a win at Daytona in the #3 Wrangler car. Nascar ratings go up and redneck Jr fans get to party hard with renewed enthusiasm for the most overrated athlete in the game.

Daytona is the place where miracles happen (wink wink wink).

Junior isn't overrated, to be overrated you have to be rated. No one calls him the greatest driver around, or even a top-5 driver. He has a lot of fans, yes, but so do the Cubs.

Stop over any pit-stop gas station in NC and you will find that those people think Dale is the greatest driver ever. He just hasn't gotten there yet because Hendrick gives him sub-par equipment and he doesn't have a good crewchief.

I think those excuses have even been made by a few huddlers.

Archived