• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BOBCATS Should Go After DWADE

I'm admitting my lack of knowlege about the way professional basketball's finances work, but could Carlos Boozer be an option for the Bobcats in free agency? He's a PF, which is a position of need for us, and has ties to the Carolinas due to him playing at Duke. I don't know if the Bobcats can afford him, but it seems like he'd be a very good fit in Charlotte.

I am about to upset quite a few fans. The suggestion will be seen as heresy by some but it has a solid touch of logic. So please try to have a open mind.

A favorite player of mine and many others will have to be on the trading block. The deal is Gerald Wallace and Nzar Mohamed for Chris Paul. We do not resign Raymond Felton. The second part of the restructuring is trading Boris Diaw and Diop to the Washington Wizards for Josh Howard.

My reasoning is i feel the Wizards may be hesitant to keep the somewhat mercurial off court presence that J-Howard is turning out to be after the Arenas Debacle. Getting two solid veteran in exchange is better than just letting him go when his team option clause kicks in. Then to the Hornets. Collison has turned out to be a steal. Paul is increasingly becoming expensive to retain. The Hornets have the aging Peja at SF and not much else. Putting G-Force on the court with West, Thornton, and Collison would be a new look Hornets along with Nzar backing up Omeka.

This would give us a depth chart of

PG- Paul, Augustin

SG- Hendo, Graham

SF- Howard, Brown

PF- TT, JJ Hickson

C- Chandler, Ajinca

Believe it or not i would be willing to move S-Jax also for maybe say JJ Hickson of the Cavs and a draft pick or two. Lets face it guys we need to get younger and cheaper. LB is likely off to yet another city to rebuild and go to the playoffs so lets give the new coach some young players with talent to mold.

Chris Paul and Josh Howard. 2 Winston cats on the squad. A dream come true for me. Lol I like this, they need to get this done.

Yeah i am a Winston Salem and Lewisville native. My little sister went to High School with Paul so i am a fan. I have my fingers crossed that we can land J-Ho and CP3. We need to get younger. We need a "elite" Point Guard. I would even keep Peja in that deal and field a starting 5 of

PG- Paul > Felton

SG- Howard > S-Jax ( younger)

SF- Peja < G-Force ( but he can hit three's)

PF- TT

C- Chandler

Josh Howard not good?

The guy gives you about 17-18ppg, shoots a high fg %, can shoot the 3-ball, 6rpg and is decent defensively. He's just been injured the past couple years with ankle injuries. He's not a star, but a pretty good player. Plus, I dont know where this alcoholic rumor came from

[Fantasy]Jordan should just trade whatever it takes, except Wallace, to get CP3 and then pay for him and Boozer out of pocket.[/Fantasy]

Retain Wallace, grab CP3. That would be nice.

Boozer is good, but I think they should be going for young players, sort of like the Panthers have done lol.

Retain Wallace, grab CP3. That would be nice.

Boozer is good, but I think they should be going for young players, sort of like the Panthers have done lol.

F_ck Boozer.

Make a run for Al Jefferson.

I agree with you on Al Jefferson. Minny isnt going anywhere anytime soon, so maybe the Cats could work a deal that would pry him away. Jefferson can ball, and would be the star inside presence the bobcats need.

Them somehow getting cp3 and jefferson would be ideal for me, but im not getting my hopes too high lol

*Doubts we go after anybody at all, much less get anyone*

In fact, I'm suspecting we lose some and get none, maybe pull a Carolina Panthers and bring in a few journeymen.

Jordan being cheap so far in life is a good thing, he'll have more to invest for his dream. If there is anything that is obvious it is you are talking about probably the singly most competitive person on this planet. If you don't think Michael Jordan is going to win another championship you don't know anything about him.

CP3 is kind of a forgone thing. He's already under contract with Jordan's shoe company. He's getting too expensive for NO. He would make us an instant contender. The only thing is we'd have to give something up, and nobody is going to take garbage in return for CP3.

MJ said he's gonna make moves. I wouldn't bet against that man.

We are very lucky and have a lot of good things coming. Larry is a great blessing. He said he would only coach for Jordan. Whenever he retires there is another coach that probably admires MJ just as much and maybe more. Nearing retirement he may have a few more good years left also. A labor of love perhaps.

Archived