• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I have decided to order a custom Alienware computer.

SmootsDaddy89

It is because the following day my closing statement will be a passionate call for colorblind justice illustrated by describing the brutal rape and attempted murder of your daughter, and then telling the jury to substitute her with a white girl and see how they'd feel if a white man had taken the law into his own hands instead of a black man.

Then I'll go home and fug Ashley Judd.

I'm still rocking a p4 and a dated video card...play everything fine. Could I squeeze some extra fps? Sure, but I'm able to play everything perfectly fine.

I'll go out on a limb here and say you wouldn't notice a bit of difference between the thousand dollar 6 core mega-cpu and the $500 one.

that's probably true lol, but I can't help myself when I buy a new PC.

Some people trick out their cars, I trick out my PCs.

Never buy the bleeding edge technology until it has had enough time to go through a production revision.

Go with the quad core.

And this is why I've got a PS3 for games and a laptop for everything else.

That poo costs way too much money.

And delivers the best experience much to the delight of connoisseurs.

My PC costs less than your PS3 and runs most games not developed in the last year far better than your PS3.

I also have the option to easily pirate anything.

A very underated pc company is puget-systems. I would also look at maingear as well. They're both small companies so quality and customer service is top notch.

Alienware used to be a great boutique pc company, now that they're owned by dell they stink. The Alienware that you were picturing ordering that pc hasn't existed in years. If you're getting 3D don't do it until the prices come down.

If I had to buy a pc I would go with puget-systems.

Do you really need all the 3d stuff? I'd also research what programs even use 6 core, and for that matter, even quad core.

I've built PC's for 10 years or so, and I always go about mid-level on hardware. They usually last me about 4-5 years with a video card upgrade in the middle maybe. Each time I spend just a little over 1k.

I've heard that the 3D vision stuff for gaming is incredible. But it absolutely destroys memory. Hence my getting a metric fugton of it. It also means my GPU has to be pretty top of the line if I don't want to have to replace it in a year.

As far as the processor, I know for a fact that a number of games already take advantage of a quad-core processor.

Remedy said a couple of years ago (before the PC version of Alan Wake got scrapped) that it would practically require a quad-core processor to run decently because a lot of the physics processing and poo was being done by the processor and not the GPU.

And I think you'll see many more games that will need a quad core processor in the near future. A hexacore processor isn't a necessity, but if it comes down in price I'll probably get it just because I can.

Archived