• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Portable pools?

Hawk

http://www.intexcorp.com/easy8x30.htm

We have one of these the, one with the filter, for our 9 year old. It's perfect for her & a couple of her friends. But not so much for an adult.

It's nice because all you have to do to set it up is blow up the ring, place it on a level spot and fill it with water. The bad part is it looks so trashy sitting out in the backyard, but I have it in a place where none of the neighbors can see it. :) It holds about 650 gallons and is sometimes hard to get the water quality right. I found this site that has become very helpful in figuring out small chemical quantities. http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/kiddiepool.html

If I have to get another one in the future I'm not sure what I'd get, I know I would get something bigger though.

thanks LIAG...we have one that is similar to that, with the blow up ring...I think it's a 14 foot, so it's big enough for even adults to sit in it and cool off. The ring has a small leak in it that has been challenging to find!!

Some days, I'm tempted to buy one of those hard plastic kiddie pools at Walmart, go home, fill it up and just sit in it and have a beer.

Were I not going out of town this weekend, that would sound like a Memorial Day well spent.

My parents used to throw parties when I was a kid. I remember coming home from visiting at my Granny's for the weekend and there would be like 3 or 4 drunk men in my kiddie pool. It used to make me so mad.

thanks LIAG...we have one that is similar to that, with the blow up ring...I think it's a 14 foot, so it's big enough for even adults to sit in it and cool off. The ring has a small leak in it that has been challenging to find!!

I had this problem. The cat got in the pool (of her own free will, I wish I had a video) and when she got out she put a small, small hole in the ring. They're next to impossible to find!

ya...tried the soap...old time leak finder! even used some indstrial leak detector...but the damn hole(s) are sooooo damn small!

Here is what you do, fill the inflatable part of the pool with water, find out where the water is coming out and plug it.

Do not ask me how in the hell you are going to fill that thing with water. However if you figure out a way then I am sure this suggestion will work.

You are very welcome.

Archived