• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

need to junk my car

Mesmer

So I have this car that I just need to sell off to a salvage yard or something. I've gotten a couple quotes that are ok for a couple hundred dollars.

I'm just curious if anyone here has junked anything in Charlotte, and if there are any of these yards I should avoid or one that pays better? I've called several and I'm probably not missing anything, but if anyone knows of anything to avoid like the plague or something, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Car still runs and everything, it's just a cheap ass car that was in a fender bender and is now not worth fixing.

2000 mazda protege, bout 115k miles. the paint's in great condition and all, starts and drives fine. hit some lady going like 25-30 and the front basically exploded lol. I mean, the hood's bashed in a bit, and i bent the radiator, so it leaks coolant. Also, knocked a hole in whatever does the AC.. all my juice ran out.

The fronts bent up, so I mean... the damage was more than the car's worth. Thinking about the kidney foundation, tbh. Best offer I have had is ~300

If my memory serves me right (donated last year) the smallest tax deduction you can get is $600. Which is what I got for my 1992 accord that no longer ran.

Newer mazda might get more, but you won't know until they send you your receipt.

You ought to get with someone from one of those causes, and setup a car-bashing thing to raise money... Charge people to pick up some sort of implement like a sledge hammer or a baseball bat to take a few whacks at it to let off some steam...

Once you are finished, sell the car to a scrap metal place and give that money to the charity too...

You ought to get with someone from one of those causes, and setup a car-bashing thing to raise money... Charge people to pick up some sort of implement like a sledge hammer or a baseball bat to take a few whacks at it to let off some steam...

Once you are finished, sell the car to a scrap metal place and give that money to the charity too...

You're jewish aren't you??

Archived