• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what..the hell is this

DudeNamedJeremy

the MK movie made in 1995 was a great example in total failure.

No, actually it was a mild success, the sequel was a failure. When I was young I loved it. I watched it a few years ago and enjoyed it.

But anyway, compare the movie to other movies such as Doom, Street Fighter, BloodRayne, House of the Dead..etc.. it's not a bad movie.

oh. financially? yea they probably did ok. I was talking quality. It's so marginally better than street fighter that it's really not worth mentioning.

Oh ok... I now see what you're saying.

That's what I mean though, for a video game movie, it wasn't too bad.

This rebirth, I think will be good once they get everything together.

I was just coming here to make a thread about this lol. I see this as following the story pretty well to what I remember, not necessarily the whole scorpion in jail or whatever but, I do remember that he killed sub-zero's brother and though it was him but then found out he went to the tournament so scorpion went after him, he was just dead in the game. Anyways, I think this could potentially be a great movie. If Baraka has dreads or not, it wouldn't really change much for me, I know some people are mad because Reptile and Baraka aren't the same type of being they are in the games, namely being other dimensional fighters, but I like that they are kind of trying to bring a realistic approach to that. I will see this if it comes out. Hopefully they don't fug it up.

This is my first post on a this forum and i watched that pitch yesterday. Sadly I'm not as thrilled as most of you. To be honest nothing about what i saw said "mortal kombat" to me. It is just one of those movies that completely ignored everything about the game just to make a fast buck. *Sigh* I really wish directors and writers would actually play the games they are supposedly adapting into a movie and stop trying to make them more realistic. Scorpion should be a hell spawn ninja, not some blind guy. Reptile should be a anthropomorphic reptile not some deformed human. The realms should exist just like the games. I could go on and on. The very first mk movie that was made in 1995 was a great example of how a video game to movie adaptation should be done..if you cant even get the pitch to look that then don't bother. I hope the company in charge of churning a mk movie out ignores this pitch idea. A complete failure in the eyes of someone wanting an actual adaptation of a video game, not some fighting movie with characters/story that 0% resembles the video game. Another reason i hate the resident evil movies, completely ruined what i loved about the games.

Can you say complete and utter waste of money, to make a movie in 2010 about a game that peaked in the mid 90's a true 100% adaptation.

Aside from visuals, Avatar was a terrible movie. I watched it in Imax and was blown away. I watched it on DVD not in Blu-Ray and without an HDMI cable, and the story is just bad.

So yes; This movie will be far > Avatar!

i've never seen it but as big of a deal everyone was making it out to be i figured it had to be pretty good

Archived