• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick question for accountaints/tax guru's

Jackofalltrades

"should" and is are miles apart. Depends on the policy. Depends on her tax bracket.

Skew should nail this though.

FYI on this. If you do have a life ins policy, make sure you don't do 100% to one person. For example, my wife and kids get part of mine, but I have a Living Trust to get some as well. This offsets a tax hit, protects income and preserves some for later for the kids and their kids one day.

Just do your homework. Crap, I promised myself no cognitive thinking till July 6th.

Oh well.

"should" and is are miles apart. Depends on the policy. Depends on her tax bracket.

Skew should nail this though.

FYI on this. If you do have a life ins policy, make sure you don't do 100% to one person. For example, my wife and kids get part of mine, but I have a Living Trust to get some as well. This offsets a tax hit, protects income and preserves some for later for the kids and their kids one day.

Just do your homework. Crap, I promised myself no cognitive thinking till July 6th.

Oh well.

Hence why I said should since I'm am unaware of the details...

I don't do taxes either, but I do know that in general, any gain can be taxed. It would probable depend on the type of policy, amount received, her tax bracket, ect. To give you a simple answer: Yes.

If you need more detail, send me a PM and I'll look more into it.

I don't do taxes either, but I do know that in general, any gain can be taxed. It would probable depend on the type of policy, amount received, her tax bracket, ect. To give you a simple answer: Yes.

If you need more detail, send me a PM and I'll look more into it.

Thats what they taught us in college. Every gain is taxable... even if you find one dollar on the street, it have to be reported as a gain.

Archived