• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Gilbert's writes a STRONG open letter to Cavs fans

Dpantherman

From the outside the letter is goofy, but Cavs fans and Ohio people feel the same way and were probably happy their owner is pissed too. And so what, it isn't any worse than LeBron ego-petting himself on TV for an hour to say he's leaving.

Man are you serious?

Yeah I know that was a low blow, don't get me wrong I love Michael Jordan (I am a Carolina Fan) and I love LeBron James, but people need to stop comparing the two they are not alike. Of course they have many similarities they are both good rebounder's, they are both pure scorers, and they both get others involved. However, Michael played defense as where LeBron kinda watches, he may stick his hand in their ever so often or go up and block a shot but Michael was a great defender. Now LeBron is going to make a name for himself but he will never be MJ neither will Kobe, Kevin, Carmelo, or Dwayne; it just wont happen.

As soon as people get over the fact that LeBron is not MJ and he can not do it by himself, the world will be a better place. MJ did have Pippen as his side kick, but lets face it there has never been a team as loaded as the 2010 Miami Heat.

If they don't win at least 3 Championships it will be a failure, but no matter how many LeBron wins he will never be MJ, and he is taking it a lot better than most NBA fans.

Face it, no one wants to come to Cleveland.

That's the bigger problem. Players only want to play for a handful of teams. The way the NBA is now - with a cap - you can have an own like Mark Cuban with deep pockets, but if everybody can spend the same amount of $$, you have to have something else offer.

Miami has beaches and the night life and LA and New York have the media circus and talk show circuit, etc. Unless you have a franchise with a winning tradition like the Celtics, you're pretty limited, once the issue with the cap is settled and money is money.

What does Cleveland have? What does Detriot have? What does Sacramento have? I mean... seriously.

I could see, if you're Mormon, Utah, duh. If you want to raise a family, maybe Charlotte is cool. BUT if you're young and in your prime, and the money will always be there, what change does that give teams like Dallas or the Nets or the Cavs, even when their stacked with cash to spend.

Yeah I know that was a low blow, don't get me wrong I love Michael Jordan (I am a Carolina Fan) and I love LeBron James, but people need to stop comparing the two they are not alike. Of course they have many similarities they are both good rebounder's, they are both pure scorers, and they both get others involved. However, Michael played defense as where LeBron kinda watches, he may stick his hand in their ever so often or go up and block a shot but Michael was a great defender. Now LeBron is going to make a name for himself but he will never be MJ neither will Kobe, Kevin, Carmelo, or Dwayne; it just wont happen.

As soon as people get over the fact that LeBron is not MJ and he can not do it by himself, the world will be a better place. MJ did have Pippen as his side kick, but lets face it there has never been a team as loaded as the 2010 Miami Heat.

If they don't win at least 3 Championships it will be a failure, but no matter how many LeBron wins he will never be MJ, and he is taking it a lot better than most NBA fans.

I agree with most of your post word for word except the part about LeBron having no defense. You dont become runner-up for Defensive Player Of The Year if you are not a good defender. He was 1st team all defense this season and has popularized the "chase down block". Bron single handedly took Paul Pierce out of the series when they played Boston this past playoff and Pierce even admitted it. LeBron is a very good defender at the SF position.

As for the part about Jordan, I think people are pissed at LeBron because he isnt interested in "chasing Jordan's legacy". He wants to follow his own path and was willing to give up being the "clear cut man" and the #23 to do it. It took a lot of courage to leave home knowing the backlash and resentment it would cause. The easy thing to do would've been to stay in Cleveland, take more money not worrying about winning a ring, and be the "Jordan" of Ohio every regular season. But he wants more. He nor any other player will ever be Mike, but he will be King James.

I agree with most of your post word for word except the part about LeBron having no defense. You dont become runner-up for Defensive Player Of The Year if you are not a good defender. He was 1st team all defense this season and has popularized the "chase down block". Bron single handedly took Paul Pierce out of the series when they played Boston this past playoff and Pierce even admitted it. LeBron is a very good defender at the SF position.

As for the part about Jordan, I think people are pissed at LeBron because he isnt interested in "chasing Jordan's legacy". He wants to follow his own path and was willing to give up being the "clear cut man" and the #23 to do it. It took a lot of courage to leave home knowing the backlash and resentment it would cause. The easy thing to do would've been to stay in Cleveland, take more money not worrying about winning a ring, and be the "Jordan" of Ohio every regular season. But he wants more. He nor any other player will ever be Mike, but he will be King James.

I actually looked back and checked his stats, and I stand corrected he does play well on Defense. He averages a steal and a block per game which is good for a big small forward.

Archived