• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Droid X

Darth Biscuit

this guy has been with sprint forever. due for an upgrade. So D2 or X?

I purposely don't like being too far into techworld. sorry it's the contrarian in me, i have my reasons.

for me it would be between the X and the Incredible, i just dont like the slide phones.

yeah man... people saying the iPhone isn't the best out anymore... hell, the BB is prehistoric.. I have to pull the battery if I get to using it too much (due to freezing or the settings get fuged).. god I hate this phone... :cool:

people have said you can't get email on droid.. there aren't any apps for this?

(I was told, possibly by an unreliable source, that the regular Droid has issues with godaddy email domains.. (which I'm using) but aside from all that...

One of the guys in one of our other offices has a Droid and he has his corporate email forwarded to his gmail account and has the reply to address set to his corporate account, that way he can access the mail on the Droid or the web via his PC on either account... he said he loves it, and that's how I'm gonna set mine up.

In spite of the wife's objections, I'm gonna go get one this week... she wants to wait and see if they do a BOGO, but I'm ready to get one...

Now I just have to decide if I get the Droid X or 2...???

One of the guys in one of our other offices has a Droid and he has his corporate email forwarded to his gmail account and has the reply to address set to his corporate account, that way he can access the mail on the Droid or the web via his PC on either account... he said he loves it, and that's how I'm gonna set mine up.

In spite of the wife's objections, I'm gonna go get one this week... she wants to wait and see if they do a BOGO, but I'm ready to get one...

up to you on which.. I'd have to go with Droid X if it were me... and that's a good idea.. I'll have to do that if it comes to that...

as of now i'm definitely going X if i stay with verizon. my new every 2 isn't until mid october though. thinking they may come out with something else by then, but i really want it now, and i think i'm willing to pay the early upgrade penalty.

the BOGO thing is on my mind too. what are the ods they bring that back any time soon?

as of now i'm definitely going X if i stay with verizon. my new every 2 isn't until mid october though. thinking they may come out with something else by then, but i really want it now, and i think i'm willing to pay the early upgrade penalty.

the BOGO thing is on my mind too. what are the ods they bring that back any time soon?

I don't know, but since they're so popular and there's even a wait to get them, why would they do a BOGO? They usually do that when they want to sell out of something... that's why I'm thinking that they won't do it until December or so, and I don't want to wait that long.

The first Droid came out when, late last summer and they didn't do a BOGO until when, January?

Yeah, forwarding a secured Exchange account to a gmail account isn't exactly a smart thing to do and in many places would be enough to get you fired. I wouldn't do it, just in case sensitive info is hacked out of a gmail account.

Yeah, forwarding a secured Exchange account to a gmail account isn't exactly a smart thing to do and in many places would be enough to get you fired. I wouldn't do it, just in case sensitive info is hacked out of a gmail account.

Meh, we don't have anything sensitive... when I say "corporate" I mean that in a very broad way... we're just a small business. If someone wants to hack my email, it wouldn't be a huge deal.

I don't work for a big firm with a mean IT guy like Inmicus breathing down my back. :D

Archived