• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Droid X

Darth Biscuit

knew there was a simple way to say it. steps as i remember them were

1. downloaded and installed .net frameworks on my pc

2. same for SDK

3. same for rooting software mentioned way back in the thread

4. hooked up and ran the rooting software

5. installed the rom and all the apps mentioned in root related posts.

yeah. an SME at the store told me VZW will occasionally audit data usage

As long as your not running your comp off it all day or using it to download torrents I think you will be safe. I think its like 4GB of data before the red flag goes up.

I'm starting to get tired of my original droid. It's effing up a good bit.

Randomly swaps names of my contacts.

The music player randomly starts playing and I can't find the off/quit button. The task killer apps don't even shut it off.

GPS is still wonderful. Phone is great.

It's starting to feel like an antique already. I hate how fast technology improves. Instant buyer's remorse guaranteed.

• 1 month later...

Question for you other X'ers...

With the stock music player... how the fug do you turn it off?

I mean, I know you can pause it, and eventually android will deal with it, but there's no "quit" or power switch on it like some of the other audio apps? I have Winamp and I'm starting to use it more, but I was just wondering. If I have my headphones or aux plugged into it and unplug, it stops, but if you use it without that, there seems to be no way to quit it manually.

Also, anybody else been having Pandora issues with their X lately? All of a sudden this week it's been giving me weird messages and acting weird and then once Pandora acts up, the music players won't play my songs?

i force kill the music player with task killer. my only issue with pandora has been artists being overplayed. Linkin Park ends up on every station i've created it seems like, and i'm sick of the hybrid theory.

Sometimes task killer won't even kill mine... but I don't get why you can't quit it any other way?

I mainly wanted to make sure I wasn't just missing something.

Archived