• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for all pink slipping Jake fans

carolinaAl

Well we won't be drafting anyone until the 2nd round this year and I would bet my left nut that Fox won't draft a QB in one of the first 3 rounds. I really think we need a veteran to make Jake compete for his job. I mean seriously, how many int's can the guy throw in one game yet not get yanked? He has no fear whatsoever for his job and that is the problem.

Well we won't be drafting anyone until the 2nd round this year and I would bet my left nut that Fox won't draft a QB in one of the first 3 rounds. .

Yes, this leads me to what I forgot to post..

If you haven't noticed, Fox is not a fan of change. The only times he has been a fan of change is when his job has been on the line. After "leading" this team to a 12-4 record this year with a home playoff game. That is clearly not the case.

With that being said, don't count on a QB through the draft, betting on 1 through FA is much more likely.

Fox has stated publicly he doesn't like drafting a QB because it takes too long to develop them.. However, if he would have drafted someone 2 or 3 years ago to get them preped to take over, we would probably be in a much better situation. I bet Fox would never do that because he is loyal to a fault and doesn't want to ruffle Jake's feathers. Personally, I'd like to rip them off right about now.

why is no one talking about cassell? Who else is in the market for him and what would we have to give up?

*groan*

55-60 million, multiple draft picks (which we don't have), and several other teams want him. The guy has system quarterback written all over him.

Fox has stated publicly he doesn't like drafting a QB because it takes too long to develop them.. However, if he would have drafted someone 2 or 3 years ago to get them preped to take over, we would probably be in a much better situation. I bet Fox would never do that because he is loyal to a fault and doesn't want to ruffle Jake's feathers. Personally, I'd like to rip them off right about now.
WE DID. Do you remember Bret Basani (sp) or how about the Lefty from Louisville, LeFors I think, they were probably both supposed to be the future, well that didn't work out. Then they went last year and added a younger guy then Jake, David Carr, and I am sure they thought he might be the future when Jake was done. We all know how that worked out, David Carr couldn't even beat out Testeverde, I know maybe we should get Carr back to start for us next year, I am sure he only signed a 1 year deal with the Giants....

What does Jake have written all over him?
Best QB in Panther history.

And a really really bad Playoff game. Everyone needs to settle down, does anyone remember last year? You people are nuts. We surely need to be grooming someone, maybe it is Moore or McCown, and I would expect if we don't do anything in the off season, Jake will be in his final year, and if he starts to play like he did in the playoffs he would be yanked for 1 of them.

What does Jake have written all over him?

You people kill me. Sure, let's mortgage the franchise for potentially a one-hit wonder. I'm not saying we don't need to replace Jake, I just don't want to go into rebuilding mode for a 12-4 team to get someone who may or may not be good. I've brought it up before and I'll say it again, have we forgotten about Sean Gilbert and Jeff Lewis and how far back they've set our team?

My guess is Matt Cassell is not an option because NE will franchise him if they have to as a proven insurance policy against the possibility of Brady not healing soon enough for next season. It would be kind of interesting if Brady were to lose his job the same way he got it. Bledsoe injury anyone?

Archived